Rune Binding Powder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enoz, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Enoz New Member

Would someone please enlighten me on a good place to farm Rune Binding Powders? I’ve been told HoT zones are good and have also tried Underfoot, but have yet to find anywhere that drops more than 1 in many clears.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It's a random drop from spell casters. Blowing up a zone with a lot of casters is probably your best bet.
    I am not sure of the level of rune binding powders, but ruins of illsalin had a large number of caster mobs and is where I farmed to get research paper things.
  3. gnomeboss Augur

magelo gives you some insight. it's reliant on user submitted drops so it's far from perfect, but it's a place to start. drop rate looks like poop across the board. lvl 85 mobs looks like a sweet spot. otm underquarry!

for the stuff that drops this rarely, you should consider a buyer in the bazaar. it's hard to fathom, but if you put up a reasonable price and give it some time (a week, 10 days) you'd be stumped by the amount of things that people take the time to sell. i'd try to determine whatever other drops you are going to need after the rune binding powder and add those to your buyer too.
  4. Zamiam Augur

just curious why you need rune binding powder ? for a TS ? is there another option
  5. Enoz New Member

Thanks all. I have already had a buyer for weeks and check the baz daily to no avail less one guy but I need to farm them on my own. Ruins and undershore were not very fruitful for me. I haven’t tried underquarry so thanks for that. It’s for skilling up research as a melee without having to pay 1000’s of plat per combine.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Up to about 273 or something like that, you will actually save yourself some time if you just spend the money. Look up a recipe for a tome that is just over 300 and make sure you are forming the correct solvents.
    Craft the solvents to 273.
    Farm the pages (I suggest illsalin).
    Use the solvents to clean the pages then make tomes.

If you really want to go the binding powder route, I found plane of water to be a good place.
    Farm up items for the good tribute bows an also score binding powders along the way.

(if you're sensing a theme here, I am very much 2 birds one stone in my planning)
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

if your doing for tradeskills skillups just run a bunch of ldons i get a bunch that way and they build up over time.

Andarriel
  8. Captain Video Augur

it should be a random global drop off any caster in the 76-100 range. I think I have seen one drop from a level 78 (meaning I would ignore SoF zones), everything else has been 80+. I have never seen a drop from anything over 100. So, I think the drop rate has been nerfed since SoF, That still leaves a lot of zones to choose from. I seem to recall having a lot of luck in Bloody Kithicor, but that was a long time ago, probably pre-nerf. I know that doesn't help much.
    Tiffany likes this.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

Intricate, Ornate and Rune Binding Powders all support skilling up research to 300+ Intricate is easier to get anywhere there are a lot of casters in the zone. As previously stated, LDoNs are really good for it, Undershore, Ruins of Illsalin and Stoneroot (you're looking for the squid headed casters or the Drachnid casters), Kod'Taz, Planes, etc.
  10. Enoz New Member

All great suggestions. I would have never thought about LDoNs.

Thanks everyone.