BIC Tipt Clockwork not spawning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Suffocate, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Suffocate New Member

Trying to get the clockwork to spawn for this part of Breakdown in Communication.
    I'm combining Extended Life Power Pack, Power Pack Adapter, Repaired Clockwork Output Gearbox into Inactive Clockwork Scout Module in Tipt or Vxed instance. Normal Result is Clockwork Scout Model XIII to spawn where I tell him a phase and he gives me an item. Instead I get...

"Following the instructions, you place all the pieces in correctly, but instead of starting up the clockwork scout begins to spark and eventually catches fire, destroying all of the components and ruining the shell. What is it you could have done wrong?"

The quest giver will re-give me the items but every time I go back to the instance, this happens.
    I've done everything up to this point, hailed the correct people and this happens every time.
    [IMG]
  2. Ebine Augur

What shard do you have right now. What Vxed mission are you in. You need to be in the assigned one not the one you can get in Vxed if I remember right. Its been a while but I remember having same issue. The shard you should have is muddy gem shard if you don't have that it will fail.
  3. Suffocate New Member

Already had the Muddy green gemstone, combined it, currently have dusty green gemstone
  4. German Augur

I didn't have this issue when I did it in the last six months, and checking my logs I entered via the group mission "Tipt: The Treacherous Crags" when I did the combine.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I know you said you did all the hails, but usually if a BiC combine is failing like this, it's some sort of missed pre-flag. I'd double check:

- Vaifan Cogswin to pre-flag for all 3 mountain areas
    -- Say 'yes' when he asks if you are here to help
    -- Say 'vxed'

You obviously already did the pre-flags for Sewers and Tipt since you have the containers from those dialogues.

Also if you happen to be a warrior on the Vxed step for epic, it might spawn a different version of the zone, I'm not totally sure. Try the combine in Tipt instead of Vxed perhaps?
  6. Suffocate New Member

Told Vaifan Cogswin "yes" and said "Tipt" "Vexd" and "Sewers" to him.
    Have tried Tipt instance many times, still failed.

I've pulled the instance with my character and others in group, but when my main talks to Apprentice Udranda the words in quotes are "take heed" ...Dialogue is "Greetings. A messenger told me you would come. I believe we owe you our thanks--though I'm not sure allowing you to face the terror in the mountains is a reward. I will have my stone worker allow you to pass through, but you must TAKE HEED first and be as quiet as you can". I can still tell her TIPT or VXED to pull the instance.

All my other characters when hailing her say TIPT or VXED highlighted.

Not sure if this matters but just want to put it out there.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'd check your log for the following flag texts:

You were successful in helping Vaifan complete her report of the sewer areas
    You were successful in helping Vaifan complete her report of the Vxed mountain area
    You were successful in helping Vaifan complete her report of the Tipt Mountain pass

Should also have this dialogue from Vaifan indicating all 3 sections are done:

Vaifan Cogswin says 'Now that we have all the functioning pieces, we can reassemble the scout. Take these instructions and this power pack adapter and return to either mountain area to assemble the scout. I would have you do it here, but I fear he may be unstable and . . . well, let's just say I don't want to put the ship in danger. Please return to me with the report once you have it. I am going to prepare my final report so when you return I can take it straight to Fezbin. Good luck to you.

If any of those are missing, you could reset your progress on the missing section by saying "I need to rescout <zone name>" to Fezbin, and then complete that section from scratch. If all else fails you could try resetting progress for all 3 of them.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Because the requesting requirement is bypassed with level > whatever, you still have to do all the flagging steps manually for BIC to get all the hidden character flags.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Not sure what requesting requirement you mean here. There isn't any requesting requirement for Tipt or Vxed anymore. Even in GoD era on TLP you can walk right up to Apprentice and request either instance on day 1 having done nothing else.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

That's what I am saying, you can request instance over level whatever regardless of flagging, but it does not equal flagging you still need to do all the requirements. You may be able to get some drops or dialogs for BIC without it but you will eventually get to the hard flagging requirement.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What hard flagging requirement specifically? I finished BiC twice in era on recent TLP's without ever completing the objective in a sewers or vxed instance, just farming the pieces from each.
  12. Suffocate New Member

I don't see the Tipt flag in my log. Strange how I combined the shards. Going to fill out a /bug report to see if they can fix that.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I doubt a bug report will fix it, but feel free to try. Even if it did it would probably be much faster to just tell Fezbin "I need to rescout Tipt" and delete the related items, and then redo the Tipt section from scratch being sure to hit every step/dialogue.
  14. Suffocate New Member

Ok, redid the Tipt line, of course running it, part C didn't drop, ran it again, got all pieces.
    Looks like this worked, got the clockwork to spawn and finished that leg. Thanks so much for the heads up!
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.