Charging of the expansion's question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Are yall gonna charge the minute we order for the expansions or are you guys going to wait for launch date to charge for the expansions ?
  2. Riou EQResource

They charge the minute they are ordered
    Hobitses, Tucoh and Skuz like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have to charge as soon as you click cause the pre order also gives you beta access and that has not been free for many years.
    Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Actually, I think they charge you because it gives you access to all previous expansions. I assume that CoV will also do so, although they forgot to mention this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Always charged when you ordered if my memory serves me correctly, can't see that changing.
  6. Nniki Augur

Nowadays, we always get charged immediately with the preorder.

Rain of Fear (2012):
    Call of the Forsaken (2013):
    The Darkened Sea (2014):
    The Broken Mirror (2015):
    Tarvas, Fanra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea was a banking nightmare when all your accounts would get charge on day of the release. Glad its instant now.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, select /claims are also available right away.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

When can we pre-order? Is it available now?

I have found that ordering multiple expansions on the same credit card can trigger some fraud hassles and found it easiest to stagger the orders over a period of time leading up to the launch.

I wish we could bind accounts together and bulk order in a single charge.
  10. Gialana Augur

I can't remember if the pre-orders have started right after the current expansion year-end sale finishes. If not, it's been soon after. The ToL sale ends on Oct. 10, so I would expect sales of the next expansion will begin no later than Oct. 18.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

It was pretty last minute before beta last time. I'm not sure how it typically is.

I know because I had to buy CoV to loot otherwise fully rotting raid drops last year, and was annoyed enough seeing it still rot I bought CoV weeks before I'd have gotten it with the ToL prepurchase.

I'm not sure how the teleport keying works, or if it will be a separate purchase after the prepurchase starts.
  12. Kelset Elder

That would be very nice!
  13. Zunnoab Augur

That's concerning if anti-fraud hassles can be triggered. I've been using PayPal for the expansions but that's not an option for subscriptions. I could use different payment sources but I don't know if that triggers scrutiny on Daybreak's end.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

I myself have not had an issue with the subscriptions, only 1 time with expansions. It was very simple to resolve, just confirmed it wasn't fraud, end of story. However, since I have 3 accounts, I just buy 1 per month after pre-orders are available. It's really not a big deal at all and I wouldn't worry about it Zun. Worst case the order doesn't go through, you get a call from the bank, they say did you make this purchase, you say yes, it's all good.

Edit: it was a few years ago, so I might not have even gotten a call from the bank. It might have just been the transaction was getting rejected on the other accounts and I spaced them out a few days. I don't remember exactly. I just know for sure that I started spacing my expansions out a little bit instead of buying them all in the same 15 minutes because there was a problem. Again, been a few years and it wasn't a big deal.
    Zunnoab likes this.