More Character Slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by malfurionn, Feb 4, 2019.

1. malfurionn Elder

Am I the only one that would like if they added 2 more character slots to purchase with DBC? I hate having to choose 2 classes that I'm not going to be playing for the duration of a TLP server, 2 more slots would solve this. I believe EQ2 doesn't have a limit on the amount of slots you can buy so I don't know why 2 more here would be an issue. Just let me throw a little more money at you Daybreak, please!
    Annastasya, Froglok and Yinla like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to be given extra slots for the anniversary. :)

...just a thought :)
  3. SunDrake Augur

Is this in addition to 3 from Character Dolls and 3 from DBC Token? I have 15 slots on my two accounts [not sure where or when I got the additional +1, I started at 9 on each, not 8. ** Clarification: when I came back, not started initially.**] But with 15 on each that's literally every class minus one, on each account. No problems with them adding more, but even at 15 I haven't filled the slots.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

https://www.everquest.com/faq

2. How many character slots do I start with and how many can I buy?
    Without any membership you start with two character slots per server for FREE! You can also purchase character slots individually.

If you upgrade to an All Access membership you'll have eight slots available per server.

All players can purchase additional character slots: three may be purchased directly from the Marketplace, and three more may be purchased using Loyalty Points.

===============
    I think at one point if you had ALL ACCESS might have goting higer they might of legacy that one you have?
  5. kizant Augur

I think they should remove at least three character slots. There's no need to have so many and it's a waste of resources.
  6. SunDrake Augur

Ah, I had forgotten F2P accounts only got two character slots.

.. which makes me wonder, what happens if you sub for a month, create up to eight characters, then let the sub lapse?..
  7. Ceffener Augur

Character Slots: When you downgrade from All Access, all characters that are on the account will be saved and still be visible to you. If you are over the cap of characters for your account only the most recently logged-on characters will be available for play. Characters that were created before February 29, 2012 will be allowed to log in regardless of if you are currently over the cap of characters.
  8. Goodn Augur

People are forgetting about the Legends server. If your account paid for Legends server access at any point, you got an extra two slots (going from 8 to 10 without marketplace or loyalty purchases).
  9. Caell Augur

10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Just pay for the extra ones you want. Am I reading right that you can buy up to 14? Who needs more than that? Seriously.
  11. malfurionn Elder

You can only have 14 total if you didnt have any of the other things stated above that allowed some people to go beyond 14 (thus proving it wouldn't break the game to do), 3 from loyalty 3 from the store. Thats 14 slots total which means 2 classes are always going to not be on that server, I like alts and I also like playing all the classes especially as a tlp goes through its lifetime. 16 slots = a slot for each class.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Vasonn New Member

Logging in after years away. In free access I still have my 8 character slots (Silver Account) and there's a button to buy more slots in the marketplace, I might add one to mine and my wife's account if we ever get her login information straightened out. xD
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Shouldnt this be in TLP section normal server already have enough char slots.

Andarriel
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think that was the old station pass and not legends that gave the extra 2 character slots.
  15. Nniki Augur

Might as well just use your loyalty tokens to buy it then. Save your cash in the marketplace for something else. Doll of Character costs 1296 crowns; you can consume up to three of those.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Speak for yourself, I'm at 14/14 could use another 2 slots for monk and warrior.
  17. Captain Video Augur

My solution: Add two more character slots per account, available in the Marketplace, and then add one new class.

Make it something that has the innate ability to shroud itself to any other class in the game.
  18. Froglok Augur

I agree... we are 2 slots short of being able to create 1 of each character type on each account/server.

Seems like an easy thing to add to marketplace for a little extra cash inflow.
  19. Annastasya Augur

Yes. This. 16 character slots would make a nice symmetry. 16 classes, 16 playable races. Make them specially available however you want (just not some temporary deal like expansion preorders), and i will pursue them.
  20. Zamiam Augur

but.. but.. what if i want to play all the race class combos that their are .. thats like prolly 50+ choices ..