Faded Velium Necklace of Brilliance?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by winspearean, Oct 13, 2020.

1. winspearean New Member

There are Faded Velium Earrings and Rings of Brilliance, Security, Vigor, and Adroitness.

Only Faded Velium Necklace of Security, Vigor, and Adroitness.

Why no Brilliance?

The same gems are used to make the items of Security, Vigor, and Adroitness.

The Brilliance items all take the same gems: Oval Cut Velium Diamond and Round Cut Velium Diamond. But when i take those two gems and try to combine them with a Duo Velium Necklace (also used to make the other necklaces) I get: "You cannot combine these items in this container type!"

What gives?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Ngreth paired down the options. Because he wanted to.

And you are incorrect by the way. There are no velium ears or rings of security.

Only 3 options for each slot now from tradeskill (ear has 3 + pet, face has 2 + tank anger & range has 3 + ranger only bow and tank only bow).
    Celephane likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Also, in this case, the "Security: version is ALSO brilliance. I chose to have "security" (extra AC) override "brilliance" (or vigor, or adroitness) for items with bonus AC.

Brilliance means bonus int and wis, adroitness means extra agi and dex, vigor means extra str and sta. Security means extra AC and "stacks" with the others, but overrides in naming.
    If all items in a group have extra AC, then don't override with security.
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

You might wanna double check this logic on a lot of items, because for a few slots that's not entirely true (as I've mentioned for months now :p) Or in some cases, the wis/int on a Brilliance item might be higher, but the mana on the Vigor equivalent has astoundingly higher base mana (like 100-150) and is therefore more mana gain than the brilliance. You could argue that the heroic themselves provide other bonuses that people might wanna min/max but...yeah I don't think anyone cares to min/max 1-2 wis/int over 100+ mana for their menial benefits. In my opinion, it should be superior in all forms that the caster would want.

Brilliance: Highest int/wis/mana/SD/Clair/etc
    Vigor: Highest Str/Stm/HP/etc
    Adroitness: Highest Dex/Good Agi and Str
    Security: Highest Agi/AC/Good Dex, Stm, and HP/
    Zaray, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  5. Zaray Augur

/gances at all my vigor gear....
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This!

I always work on 1 hero int = 20 mana, though I'm sure someone said that reduces overtime so no idea what it is now and too lazy to work it out by removing stuff like I did back in the day.

So pretty much unless hero int is +5 over other items and the mana on that item isn't more than 100 mana less than the highest I go with the mana. Spell Damage this time round didn't even come into any choices as for a lot of items they all had the same Spell Damage.

Tanks get pretty upset if any other archtype goes for an item with the highest AC even if it is the best item for their own class. :rolleyes:
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Cadira Augur

It actually increases! 1 hint/wis = 10+(Your level/10) If I remember right. So 21.5 mana per point atm roughly for a 115.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So working on 20 I'm still not far off. :)
    OldCa61 and Cadira like this.