New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Cannikin Augur

Clearly statements made by people who definitely did not play 20+ years ago. Leveling up by killing in the good old days was FAR slower than ToV kill grinding is today, especially with things like free Lesson to everyone now.

Also you premise of less choice of exp is straight up false too. Back then quest exp was absolutely worthless, never in any capacity an option to level with beyond newbie levels. Kill grinding was the only way to level, so now we have more choice now in that quest exp is a real viable way to level like it never was before.
    Svann2, Thundersnake, Szilent and 4 others like this.
  2. Celephane Augur

Remember that one time when you weren't whining? I'm not sure I do. SO, if you could find it and link it to me that would be great.
    German, Allayna and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I've got more alts closer to max xp and gear than ever. While I felt the gear was overdone and the super easy experience I have taken advantage of it.

I personally expect group gear to get a huge boost, after the raid loot piñata. I went from gearing 1.5 toons to 5 toons in full raid gear. They cant' keep group gear at crappy ac levels without really unbalancing things.
  4. Allayna Augur

I anticipate (and hope) for an absolute face smashing expansion. With no level cap increase, let’s hope the mobs hit harder, there are progression locked zones (or at least one) and raids in particular aren’t beaten by 31 listed guilds.

The gear was severely watered down by the increases in coin and flooding of gear on chests. Let’s do less of that please.

Evolving gear is a welcome addition/continuing joy in game for me personally and many in my guild would agree it keeps them active throughout the year.
    Let’s hope for an evolving belt with 18/19 customization to basically build an ultimate proc belt (eliminates those asking for belt bandolier).

I’m excited, as I know many of you all are for some new (revamped) content.

I would love to see alliances disappear/fade away forever as debuff slots were already at a premium when they were introduced.
    scaethach, -----Cinexa----- and Duder like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just ran beta patcher new files are

Templeveeshantwo.zon
    Skyshrinetwo.zon
    Sleeperstwo.zon
    Necropolistw.zon
    Cobaltscartwo.zon
    Westernwastetwo.zon

Will be interesting to see how they connect that all up and to TOV as well.

By boat maybe from EW to CS & WW. Maybe that's how they broke the boats in TDS. :rolleyes:
    minimind and Sissruukk like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Opinions vary. Yours just happens to be wrong. ;)
  7. Tappin Augur

If you’re in support of a forced progression / P2W business model then that’s fine. But by my calculations, most don’t.
  8. smash Augur

Will never happen
  9. Hekaton Augur

might just put some rando portal in CS like they did with the TOFS to get around going to ice clad
    Jennre likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There was no forced progression. You can choose not to do it. But you'd be a fool not to.

EQ maybe isn't your game. :(
    Duder and Jennre like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol.

My only concern is that XP is too generous. So generous, in fact, that people "take a break" soon after doing their kill-5 tasks. But it allows people to catch up and focus on raiding or TSing.

If there is a reason to return to XP grind, it will be because of the ease of XP and not any of your arguments.
  12. Sakuraba Augur

If we're getting new AAs I kinda hope the exp grind will last longer for you guys.

Meanwhile, need to get my Druid into the 70s so I can hopefully get a group lol.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

More evolvers .. them thangs is good ..
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Sad to see no level increase.. but cant wait to revisit some of them velious zones again. And this time i hope its actually challanging.. ToV almost every aspect was a severe disaster..
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am ok without a level increase. I am just interested in the "new AA/spells" and hoping they are really new AAs/Spells, and not just upgraded levels to AAs/Spells we already have.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I hope vaniki 2.0 is on a 122 hr spawn too!

Andarriel
    nitrocutter likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

And how long you been playing eq ?

If that answer is anything othet then a long enough time .. ill go out on a big ol fat guess an say no way bro. Each and every single AA thats going to come via CoV.. will be old hat rehash..
  18. Zamiam Augur

yep there will be NO new AA's for joo .. just the same ole ones just more tiers and a slight .0001 increase
  19. Tappin Augur

Most people who play EQ, play for entertainment and actually enjoy playing the game and they’re not interested in piggybacks or free handouts. So, yes it’s easy for raiders or those maxed AA group geared, but not so easy the rest. So they are left with 2 to 6 month grind, overseers, or combination of those.

You mentioned breaks, but breaks are common during the summer and fall - that’s why we see the tlp push early summer.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

ToV progression tasks were only completable for raiders or maxed AA group players? LOL.
    Velisaris_MS, Duder and Bigstomp like this.