Min/Max Raid Targets in ERA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stewie Griffin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Weren't you guys able to use veteran AA, too?
  2. Windance Augur

I don't play on TLP so I find these numbers really odd.

I remember having a full raid of level 50+ characters zerg naggy/vox and it being touch and go.

What makes TLP so much more overpowered than what I remember?
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Knowledge, gear and mostly how skills and passive damage increase AAs. We are probably like 3x stronger per person.
  4. sieger Augur

No one was really focused on a Velious "clear" during the race period of Selo. The two guilds that were racing to clear Luclin did hit up soft Velious raid targets, but I don't think either guild cleared for example NToV until after Luclin had been beaten, I'd have to go check logs and such to confirm that but I'm pretty sure that's the case. In a way the gear you get from that is actually relatively low relative to other sources of gearing (like for example just farming PoGrowth or some of the really easy Luclin raid targets that get ignored on most TLPs.) There's a lot of gear in Velious but some of it is locked behind long and tedious clears you don't have time for on a server like Selo (like Vulak is a prime example of that.)

Another thing not often thought about or talked about is there's a lot of spells in Luclin era that are very important to raiding that only drop from raid targets (some from Kunark dragons, some from other raid targets), and a typical TLP guild will take these spells for granted, but not having them is a big game changer when you're trying to do Luclin raid targets without them.

FWIW we parsed out Emperor extensively before Selo launched and found out how much gear does a defensive Warrior need for it to be impossible for Emperor to one round him, and the answer was actually surprising--you need almost no gear at all. So anything above that is gravy, and then you need a very tight CH rotation. Emperor is on par in terms of tank damage with any Velious raid boss other than AoW who is slightly higher outgoing damage to the tank. We did these parses with no AAs on the tanks at all.
    Foaming likes this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah, mostly just the mana regen things were important. It pretty much trivializes any fight without a lot of AE dmg.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

Foaming likes this.
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I'd like to return to people posting completely unverified claims about beating Emp Crush at level 4 with 3 pieces of patchwerk and a vendor warhammer.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

I will never forgive you or Juniorr for giving me RGC so early.
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Paladin's are barely a class.