character won't move

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mtgdragon, Oct 28, 2019.

1. mtgdragon Lorekeeper

I don't know if this has to do with EQ or if it's on my end. Sometimes, when I try to turn my character or move in any direction it won't budge. If I press down on the keyboard key really hard I can get it to free up. Pressing the key with normal pressure does nothing. Then there are times I am running and my toon just stops and won't budge until I press really hard again. I've replaced the batteries (wireless keyboard), moved all other electronic devices away and even replaced the keyboard. Any help would be great
    Troutfest and xmPradah like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Personally I never use wireless mice or keyboards (or WiFi connections) for gaming with as these kinds of issues are super-common with them. It's almost never a problem with the game itself.

If you do use them you pretty much have to accept that you are going to run into issues with the devices themselves not always performing as expected as part of the package.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. xmPradah Not a dude

What keyboard/mouse are you using? I had this issue with a Logitech Options keyboard that was paired to two different computers.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

I'd be curious if you have the issue using a wired keyboard. If not then its something with your wireless keyboard. If so then.. well I don't know as I've never heard of anyone with that issue ;))
  5. coloeb New Member

are you sure the button is not wore out?
  6. Shanarias Augur

I always use a wired keyboard. Sometimes, the forward arrow stops working, usually in Crescent Reach. It is independent of Character, as it happens on any of them. It is not duplicatable in my experience, but random. I have a suspicion that it my involve "short term packet loss", but it may just be a lazy hamster. :)
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening? Hopefully you were able to move regularly again. :)
  8. Troutfest Augur

Corded keyboard/mouse. Sometimes after zoning or clicking off lev my character won't move. Can't jump, sit, move with either. It's like I dropped into the ground. Eventually it frees up. Not sure if related issue.