Raid foci vs group gear

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Lenubox, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Lenubox New Member

Apologies if this has been asked before, but my search fu wasn't working.

My sk does fine in everything in ToV so far but I can't seem to get over the hump in the kael mission. This inspired me to take a look at his gear and augs and I realized I've let him slip a bit. He's in t3 tov visibles and a mix of t3 and gmm non-vis, but the reason I ask is he has an eok chase neck and range providing the raid focuses. My question is are these worth hanging onto or have the increased stats from a velium infused neck/range outpaced these foci? Thanks!
  2. Monkman Augur

Well the neck focus (healing) doesn’t impact SK taps so you’re better off swapping to the t3 TOV neck, as for range of swap that as well due to eok raid focus maxing at 100% vs 90% on TOV group, the loss of dps if you are using disease/corruption dots will be minimal.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

The focii difference for those are so small if you are having trouble with your primary job of tanking, go for the stats, looks like 2kish hme and 100+ ac on each item.

Also the min mod was increased on the new pieces, so it kind of equalizes out the distribution some so you wont really see a big diff if any at all for the focii.
  4. Duder Augur

Pretty sure they were referring to the block focus on neck and Dodge focus on ranged rather than the spell focus. In which case, the EOK chase foci are higher than tov t3 group. Other than that, I don't know of its value in this scenario.
  5. Monkman Augur

Fair enough, I always forget about those.. yeah I’d still upgrade regardless.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

My thoughts, the same. I'd upgrade.
  7. p2aa Augur

The + 16 % chance to parry and + 20 % chance to dodge translates in theory according to the formulas into around + 2,5 % more dodge and + 2,5 % more parry.
    The upgrade to group gear gives you + 251 item AC and + 3460 base HP, which translates into around 4 500 HP (depending of your HP multiplier from AA, i took 30 % more).

If you were sure in group content to avoid + 5 % on hits, then I would keep the older raid items.
    But with strikethrough values who have also increase a lot in group content (look at how many hits with a strikethrough message that hit you in group content), I bet that it must be very far of + 5 %.

In the other hand, the stats increase, especially HP (AC has lost some ground on its impact on hit distribution), are a constant bonus even if it's a small bonus.

Therefore I would upgrade your older raid items to new group gear items.
  8. Baeltor New Member

A good rule of thumb for myself is as follows. Raid gear trumps group during same expansion and the following one. Two expansions out and they are very close, so swapping around key foci or stats won't be too bad. Three expansions out and group will usually be worth it over the raid stuff.