Not A Bug Conflagrant Fish Scale Recipe Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On Phinigel, 3 characters in PoK at the fishing tackle world container 08:45 UK time

Item I am making: Conflagrant Fish Scale

There are 2 recipes for this item:

A. Conflagrant Fish Scale (Timorous Deep Toothfish)
    B. Conflagrant Fish Scale (Overthere Threadfin)

I learned A. on my Berserker (Wakk) & could not learn the other recipe using the Fly Making Bench in PoK - tried mutiple times, multiple fish scales created.

I learned B. on my Shaman (Zuks) & could not learn the other recipe using the Fly Making Bench in PoK - tried multiple times, multiple fish scales created.

I learned both A & B on my Bard (Mukesh) first time for both!

So I had 2 characters who had only learned 1 of these 2 recipes & 1 character that was able to learn both.
    Relogging both the characters with the problem all the way out of the game - didn't resolve the bug, retried & neither could learn the recipe they didn't yet have.
    Zoned Wakk to the Palatial Guild Hall, made a conflagrant fish scale using (Overthere Threadfin) - still no recipe B

Put all of the Conflagrant Fish scales I had made thus far into my bank - made a conflagrant fish scale using (Overthere Threadfin) in the Guild Hall Fly Making Bench world container - and this time I did learn the recipe B
    Zoned Zuks to the Guild Lobby & back to PoK, made a conflagrant fish scale using (Timorous Deep Toothfish) - still no recipe A

Put all of the Conflagrant Fish scales I had made thus far into my bank - made a conflagrant fish scale using (Timorous Deep Toothfish) in the Fly Making Bench world container - and still no recipe A

Put all of the Conflagrant Fish scales I had made thus far into my bank
    Zoned Zuks to the Guild Lobby & back to PoK
    made a conflagrant fish scale using (Timorous Deep Toothfish) in the Fly Making Bench world container - and still no recipe A

So it seemed I could not learn Recipe A on Zuks while in PoK at that point having tried two different ways.

So Put all of the Conflagrant Fish scales I had made thus far into my bank
    Zoned Zuks to the Palatial Guild Hall
    made a conflagrant fish scale using (Timorous Deep Toothfish) in the Guild Hall Fly Making Bench world container - and this time learned Recipe A @ 08:59 UK time

Something isn't right here but hopefully this info will help the devs find the cause of the problem.
  2. Duder Augur

RNG - You have to have a full success of scaling. Partial successes grant scales as well but not the learned recipe. Do it more times, you will learn it.
    Yinla, Skuz and Moege like this.
  3. Moege Augur

If you have not gotten the meat from the fish you have not learned the recipe yet.
    RoS / TBL and ToV all have the same idea.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I wasn't aware of this "partial Success" mechanic, I guess that's a completely new thing from prior expansions.

If it's that 25/50/75 are the partial success & you need to get a 100 to actually memorise the recipe that would explain what I was seeing, I did make many attempts but was expecting any success to lead to learning the recipe, so my understanding was incomplete.

Thanks for explaining.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Meat?
    I got scales which is why I was perplexed as to why I wasn't getting the recipe learned, failing completely I would expect no recipe learnt. Duder explained it better.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You can also look at the messages you get in the chat window. When you fail it will says you "failed" but got these items, (not those exact words) followed by a list of items.
    You have to succeeded to learn :)
    Duder likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

e.g TBL Recipe
    Also Returns: Scaler(1), Primordial Fish Meat(2)

Forgot that RoS just returns the scales.
    Skuz likes this.