Hands Off Policy - DPG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Starxx, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Starxx New Member

Hey guys,
    Starxx here and I have been a member of this lovely game called everquest for 19-20 years hard to remember the original date that I started. I am in a casual guild and love helping people and promoting a great atmosphere in the home that we call Norrath.

Recently I had the opportunity to start my Cleric Epic 1.0 on the Aradune server. I worked hard with my guild to camp the Crown. Sat in a line helping me and other clerics get the Ring out of Sol A. Farmed for hours in Skyfire mountains to get Pearls.

Today I started the Epic my bag of goodies all ready to go. Started out so great you guys. I found Shmendrik Lavawalker not up in Lake Rathe so me and my Enchanter friend waited a couple hours. I turned in the crown, saved Natasha from the evil elemental then it was off to Temple of Sol Ro. I killed the seeker and got the bloodstained robe. I was on my way, hard work and time paying off.

This is where it went bad folks. I turned in the bloodstained robe to Omar in Timerous Deep. he said Great! Natasha is inside go turn in Giblox's Ring... There was another cleric inside waiting for this to happen. My Loot locked Natasha recieved a ring from this cleric waiting for this to happen. After trying to figure out what happened I finally said darnit and realized that it had been sniped. This had to be a bug right. The mob was loot locked to me. So I sent in a petition.

Here is what followed.

I did the turn in for cleric Epic 1.0 to Omat Vastsea. Giving him the Blood Soaked Prismatic Robe. He Responded and a *Natasha Whitewater Spawned. Another Character turned in next part to to my Locked mob and it despawned. Please help I have put 3 weeks into trying to get this and been a good customer for 20 years. Thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to touch base with you about your help request. Unfortunately, CS is unable to provide assistance with any content that was recently added to Aradune or Rizlona that may be bugged or not working as intended. We will be unable to spawn any NPCs, or return any items lost during NPC trades. We recommend restarting the quest and completing the steps again, as we currently have a hands-off policy.

For all bug report issues, you will need to use the /bug command to submit a report to our Development Team. They will be fixing potential bugs internally in a future update. We appreciate your assistance.
    Sincerely,
    (Left out Name as to not break any rules here)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Response.
    • This was not a bug. This was my Loot Locked turn in mob please help. Again 20 years of dedication.... to fix this would take nothing. No exploitation, If this happened on another server you guys would fix it. I run a large guild and support the company. Please.... Fix this.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Greetings Traveler,

I can assure you that you are not being singled out and for these types of requests we are unable to assist. Another player had made the trade to Natasha, and we will not be able to progress two players through this quest.

In spite of the situation I hope this finds you well. Should you run into any other in-game issues in the future, don't be shy in petitioning us again.

Sincerely
    My question here is If there is a "Hands off policy" what is the point of petitioning? What is the point of having a server with "GM Presence". I have played this game faithfully for many years. MANY years. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I hope I hope I have followed all rules of the forum. This is not me Angry maybe a little annoyed at having to restart. What are your thoughts Fellow Norrathians.
    Elskidor, Duder and Boze like this.
  2. Fluid Augur

We all suffer from scammers on both ends. This type of scam, waiting for someone to turn in quest items, has been around since day one. Problem is, and I sympathize with you, the cure has found to be worst then the disease. People were scamming CS out of items to the point where replacing items/quests apparently just became such a problem CS gave up on it.

For instance, how does CS not know you were in collusion with the cheater? If they replaced or respawned the NPC, then a scammer would have the option of always getting 2 for 1 turn in credit. Sorry for your loss, it's just that if CS changed policy every 'Cleric epic 15 Krono' RMT jerk would use it.
  3. bardybard Augur

What you can do is sit in TD and wait for some other cleric to turn in Ixiblat Scepter/Singed Scroll.
    This spawns Natasha that you then hand in the Message to Natasha to.
    Handing in this message however does not despawn her ... so you can go ahead and turn in your Gimblox ring into her as well.

It is also pretty common to see Natasha just up in TD from someone turning in Ixiblat steps... have seen her up multiple times before.

Other options would be to re-do Gimblox quest or ... do what was done to you.
    Hadesborne likes this.
  4. Starxx New Member

I would never want to mess with someone's quest like. I not naïve enough to to realize these things don't happen. I would assume they could look at log file and see what happened. I appreciate the responses. If there are any other tricks or pitfalls please post them so i can focus on fun instead of drowning under toxic weight.
    Also UPDATE.
    The cleric in question contacted me and apologized for doing it to me he was informed by a GM to just do it to someone else or so he said. This makes me very sad if true.
  5. Starxx New Member

Also spelling and grammar apparently out the window here =P sorry folks.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

A simple data-base search will show exactly when the OP turned in the ring, and the other player then sniped the mob; all they have to do is remove all the pieces from that point on from the sniper and give them items to the OP. Now its a 1 turn in and 1 item received yet again, and who ever did the sniping now has to start back over.

My guess is they can't do that since anyone that has a clue how the game operates has left a long time ago; which is also why they can't enact some of the simple fixes to clear up some of the toxic roadblocks.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Unforgivable enforcement of an unforgivable policy.
    Nindi likes this.
  8. Fluid Augur

True, but I think there still can be problems with that. For instance, I do a lot of quests and frequently screw up. Simple stuff like forget one of the items, go grab it, then return and hope someone else hasn't gotten there in the meantime. I hand in say a Kiola nut to complete the quest and a couple of PCs have already done the quest in my absence. I have done nothing wrong, they have done nothing wrong, but there would still be the appearance of impropriety. I would lose the item rightfully quested and it would be given to another player. IDK, there are holes in the policy, you are right in that DP will not change it due to knowledge or cost even if they wanted to. You can only live with the problem and try to work around it. I'm sure some jerks have audio triggers just for the NPC to say 'Wait, <>, are you not forgetting something?'
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sad sad sad.... wish they would penalize or remove the items from the "scammers".

This has been posted about since I returned to EQ for Agnarr... which is years now. But even back then I know it made people straight up quit EQ. It's one thing to get screwed by an antisocial gamer, but it takes it to another level when the game admins allow it to happen -- a nontrivial amount of players lose hope and simply walk away.
    Ezra and Skuz like this.
  10. Aegir Augur

Back in the day, people got banned for doing stuff like that. People that claims otherwise, either abused people that were so bad in writing in english that the GM's couldn't get a clear picture of the petition - the one getting *scammed* didn't bother petitioning at all.

Haven't heard of it being this bad on previous TLP's. Wasn't a thing on Ragefire or Phinny.

Guess a lot rolled Chaotic Evil chars this time around :p
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

It's times like this I wish we had a dislike button.
    Gherig, Dibab, Overcast451 and 2 others like this.
  12. Starxx New Member

Yea Last thing I want is for this thread to become a childhood playground. Just wanted to hear peoples opinions on this and how it has effected them. I put alot of time in this and Just got the crown back got really lucky on the camp. Hopefully I can dodge this issue in the future and others can read and beware.
  13. Idget Lorekeeper

Should not be to hard to see that the other guy did not do the correct turn ins and take it away from him. This excuse does not fly...
    Elskidor likes this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

It's a simple fix. Put out a simple patch message. "Due to the number of players disrupting others and attempting to bypass steps of quests, we will be actively suspending and banning accounts who take advantage of the work others put into quests."

Then act on it. People will learn really quickly that if they cheat with the quests, they get banned. It's not hard, and they have the ability to check items on people currently and in the past.
  15. kenshin111 New Member

I will say that I recently finished the cleric epic 1.0 on Aradune. There were times I had to wait to turn in items because I saw other clerics sitting on Natasha's spawn spot. One cleric tried to act like they were leaving, only to run right back to see if they could catch me turning in and get my Natasha turn in.

I wish people who did crap like this would get banned, but I doubt that will happen.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

That right there is why its not a simple fix; would mean DPG would actually need to get off their and do something about toxic game play instead of burying their heads in the sand, and act like everything is fine.
  17. Fluid Augur

The way some things seem to be coded is the last round is the only thing checked. Understand I am as guilty of multi questing as anyone. I pick up a no drop item with my main and just have them do the first turn in and the character I want to get the 'prize' turns in a Kiola Nut or something similar like 325pp to Hasten. It would be better for some quests to have the character flagged as completing the sub quests. I am not sure I would want to pay the price. Even for Epics there are things that can be multi quested this way. It is another reason to be in a guild: Flood a zone with ~60 players and force a pick.
  18. Protagonist Tank

"Hands off policy" is corporate speak nonsense for "Suck it, we don't have to provide any customer service to keep your money"
    Mobs and Goburs like this.
  19. Siah Elder

Yeah, no GM told him to do this. He got told "No" from a GM just like you, and took it into his own hands.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

This is the single most con of the EverQuest communal quest system which is dubbed MultiQuesting.