Ring of Scale Progression - Phinigel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Accipiter, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

So Ring of Scale is out today on Phinny. I was looking through spells, armor, and progression guides. In order to get into Veeshan's Peak, you have to do all the partisan tasks for 5 zones, plus 3 missions. Reading the comments on the 3 missions, at least two sound pretty awful. I don't think I can plan on winning these with my group-geared, 5-boxed crew. So a couple of questions:
    1. Are these missions still as bad as they sound or have they been tuned down from RoS release? (Fell Foliage, End of Empire, Balance of Power)
    2. If you aren't a raider, is there anything special about Veeshan's Peak? There are three other Tier 2 zones to choose from for group loot.
    Thanks,
  2. Szilent Augur

The quested items Skull of Null, Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana, Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet, Apothic Dragon Spine Hammer, and Sarnak Focus of the Elemental Deathseeker are only available via drops from VP's named.

Additionally, if you intend to work on evolver chase items once TBL releases, you'll want to have completed RoS's quests & hunters.
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mission in Gorowyn is easier than it sounds, but there is a lot of moving involved. Skyfire is still and always has been (make sure you have the green sarnak protect AA from EoK) Overthere just burn, burn, burn and burn some more. It is harder than it was at release but DPS can over come the changes.

If you do VP make sure you get a faction lock potion as the faction is not reversable and you will be KOS after killing very few mobs.
  4. Szilent Augur

This popular method of of end-running the event's mechanics ramps up the difficulty completely without necessity.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't have that AA and I doubt I'll go back and get it now. At the time I couldn't see any reason to do EoK progression. Little did I know...
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Oh? Do tell me more about this...
  7. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Oof.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Locked Faction Potion avaliable with 300 station cash lasts 4 hours.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You may want to do it, best zone of the expansion IMHO is Gorowyn and green sarnaks are dotted around in there.
    Diptera likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Is there some weird aggro mechanic for the Sabertooths or could it be due to the aggro bug that was reported?

It's like they all ignore the merc tank (regular and diseased ones both do this) & it's only the merc tank taunts that do any aggro, the sabers will hit the merc tank once or twice after it taunts then go right back to whoever is second on aggro.

Getting my backside handed to me a lot on those cats 8(
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

In Overthere? I didn't notice anything different with my group. I have a player tank, though.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Bleh.
    GoneFission likes this.
  13. Gialana Augur

There is. For some reason non-player characters are removed from the saber cats' aggro every so often, maybe up to once a tick. It doesn't matter if they are tanking or not. I've seen healer mercenaries go from 1% on the aggro meter to having no aggro (the number goes away) until another heal lands. I think I've also tried charming the cats, and they couldn't hold aggro on different mob types.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Like a memblur maybe?

Succulents were doing it too, pretty dang nasty if you gotta rely on mercs, pet tanks & regular tanks seemed to have no problem
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dogs have memblur so if any of those are close they cause havoc. T1 zones were horrid in RoS T2s are a lot better.

I seem to remember pet classes having issues with some mobs.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know Chokidai can memblur, which is why I would snare pull those, the thing the cats & succulents are doing is not like the Chokidai though who seem to only memblur right after initial aggro, like if you tag them with the Staff of Viral Flux rather than with something that has a damage or aggro over time component.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

If I remember correctly, the Karzok are on their own faction as well, not sharing faction with the rest of the Sarnak in Gorwyn. So, while you may be non-KoS to the Sarnak there, the Karzok will still attack on sight.
    Gialana likes this.
  18. Gialana Augur

Yes, it has the same effect as memblur, but it only affects npcs, whether or not they're tanking the mob.
    And it happens multiple times per fight.

I thought the succulents might do the same thing, but I couldn't remember.
  19. GoneFission Augur

It’s time-consuming, but not really very hard to do. I found the toughest parts the spider caves in Lceanium and most of Droga. Droga has spin-stuns from nearly every mob, and a couple of the healer classes put on a wicked dot that, if you can’t cure it, sit and let it expire. The dot scales, so having higher levels or HP doesn’t help much. The characters I have completed Droga on, I used 2 cleric mercs for everything but the missions. The missions are good for learning the zone with a little easier mobs.

The time-sink drops for the Mana of the Sarnak combine can probably be bought reasonably priced in the bazaar to complement what you pick up playing.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

I know on two tasks (Pure Success and Rebellion of the Pure) you have to run around to hail certain mobs in Droga, which can be a slog-fest. However, get a rogue with SoS rank 2 in there and they can run around doing the hails/conversations. Just get the rogue behind the mob that needs to be hailed, turn off HIDE (keep SNEAK up, as in some of the areas there are goblin mobs nearby) and the rogue can do the hails/conversations (Don't forget to re-HIDE!). Make sure you park yourself next to the last one you want hailed as the mobs that spawn will go aggro on the person hailing it.

Overall, you want a rogue in here with you as they can get into and out of Droga with ease (with SoS rank 2), else you will be fighting you way to everywhere.
    Yinla likes this.