EQ TV and other titles I look forward to

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hayzeus, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hayzeus Augur

My question is this:

Over the last 20 years, has Everquest ever made any foray into either the little (tv) or big screen? I know that the movie Everquest was never made, but I'm curious if EQ has ever been front and center in any show at any time (even as a plot device for a single episode?)? I mean other than appearing as an underlying reason for people in Divorce Court.

Three of the shows in production right now that I cannot wait to see when they start streaming:
    Ringworld (Niven)
    Foundation (Asimov)
    Wheel of Time (Jordan)

I'm pretty sure I would watch something based, even in part, on the Everquest series.

Well, as long as it wasn't developed by anyone involved with developing the current game. If it was, we'd only get half of the movie. We would have to pre-buy it before it was out of production so they could afford to finish making it. It would crash halfway through, and then they'd release a sequel a year later with the remaining half of the first movie... and they'd call the "sequel" a FULL movie and charge full price.

I'd probably still watch it, and then I'd come to these forums to grumble about it.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

As long as they have an episode of dwarves doing parkour, I'd be down with it.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

jeskola likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

jeskola and Nukester like this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

6. jeskola pheerie

Please tell me that is a real episode
  7. Hayzeus Augur

I really wish it was, but, if it is, I am not aware of the episode.
  8. mewkus Augur

I remember way back when (circa 2001-2003), there was a late-night show on techtv that used EQ's graphics as their animations. The stories weren't related to everquest. They just used EQ's animation to show characters running around and doing stuff. They used some other games to supplement their animation, so it wasn't exclusively eq.