Reliks of the Past

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well. I'm trying to wrap up my ToV Partsian Quests so that I can continue onto the next stage of the ToV Rallos Zek earring, but I've run into a problem that I was looking for some advice on.

I'm having an issue with the mechanics of the Reliks of the Past quest. I'm at the part where I'm supposed to go talk to Bekerak Coldbones at the giant fort, but when I show up there he is conning as Scowls Ready to Attack. All of the other giants at the fort are indifferent. I've tried a few different ways to speak with Bekerak to trigger the next part (invising, going around back of the hut, FD), but I get no response from him after asking if hes seen Relik. I've also tried with multiple characters but same thing.

At any rate Im now stuck and not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Gialana Augur

I think you need to tell Bekerak "relik." Since he's a quest mob, you probably don't need to worry about being kos.
  3. Nadisia Augur

Yep, just say "Relik" to the giant, and you can drop your invis safely, he won't attack you.
    The starving giants are not aggressive.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Runcible Journeyman

Thanks much. That worked once I dropped the invis and despite the con, i wasnt attacked. One note, the quest seems a bit messed up to me as when I went to the next spot, I had to fight 12 familar looking Coldains instead of just 2 (since I had a full group). Not sure if thats working as intended or not, but wasnt expecting that. Glad I brought an enchanter along.
  5. Nadisia Augur

The part with the coldains is a little bit broken, yep hehe ;)

In fact, when you know precisely how to do it, it's pretty straightforward.

1 : set your camp just over the the small ruins. There's a tree just over the camp, in between the ruins, and the giant fort, just over the small cliff.
    This place is 100% safe, no roamer here.

2: While invised (IVU), run down near the small ruins, 2 coldains will pop.
    As soon as they pop, run back to your camp. If you stay too long near the ruins and the 2 coldains, they'll auto aggro after a handful of seconds, even while invised.
    But you have some time to run away safely.

3: Pull the 2 coldains.
    They're not linked, and don't have social aggro each other.
    So you can pull them one by one without pacify.
    Important : It's the puller, and only the puller, who will get the pickaxe needed for the final completion of this quest step.

4: Once you've killed the 2nd coldain, the puller will get a pickaxe in his inventory (auto looted, the pickaxe doesn't appear on the advanced loot system, nor on the corpse).

5: Once you got the pickaxe, run down to ruins again (the puller, the character with the pickaxe) to discover the ruins and complete this step of the quest.

Once it's done, just run back to the coldain cave near the VL entrance, and give the pickaxe back to the loremaster
    The quest is now fully completed. ;)

The step with the pop of the 2 coldains can be bugged if you stay too long near the ruins, some other coldains may pop, and if a character without the pickaxe tries to run down to complete the step, it wont work, and 2 other coldains will pop, that's probably why you had to kill many midgets hehe :p
    So it's important, this step must be completed by the puller of the coldain, the character who got the pickaxe, and only by this one.
    If you try with another toon it'll be the mess.

It's bugged like this since the release of the extension, and has never been fixed.
    Andarriel likes this.