Phinigel and Ring of Scale

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

So Ring of Scale is out tomorrow on Phinny. I was looking through spells, armor, and progression guides. In order to get into Veeshan's Peak, you have to do all the partisan tasks for 5 zones, plus 3 missions. Reading the comments on the 3 missions, at least two sound pretty awful. I don't think I can plan on winning these with my group-geared, 5-boxed crew. So a couple of questions:
    1. Are these missions still as bad as they sound or have they been tuned down from RoS release? (Fell Foliage, End of Empire, Balance of Power)
    2. If you aren't a raider, is there anything special about Veeshan's Peak? There are three other Tier 2 zones to choose from for group loot.
    Thanks,
  2. Aegir Augur

1. You're probably better off asking in Veteran's Lounge, we're basically in unknown TLP territority now.

2. There are some special artifacts that are similar to the items you can aquire in Frontier Mountains. The 0.5 sec cast time Annul Magic clicky from VP seems like a no brainer of an item to go for.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=9092

Also a couple of Archetype item quests there as well.

Fun Fact, when Ring of Scale released. Phinigel was in Dragons of Norrath expansion. We've sure have come a long way :)
    VandilIzer and Accipiter like this.
  3. krisys Elder

If you know your classes and how to play em you'll be fine. Most of the outcry on release were from people who didn't know how play their boxes.
  4. krisys Elder

5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Most of the expansions after SoD had the "heroic" group missions be essentially copies of the raid events with toned down mechanics so they are generally pretty difficult to box well in era, some are a pain even a couple of expansions later.

My own tactic is get my main through every group heroic with a regular group for familiarity with each prior to boxing, if some can be boxed I'll do those & the ones I cannot do attempt at somepoint to join a group on one of my box characters. Plenty I haven't been able to do like that though so last resort is just brute force it after a couple of level raises trivialises it enough.
    Accipiter likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a good point. I'll do that.
  7. Blastoff Augur

No [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] on phinny...good effing luck
  8. Duality Augur

I can't speak for RoS as I haven't seen any of that yet, but most of the write-ups make things look 10x harder than it actually is. If you're seasoned with your toons you should have minimal problems. I tend to just roll with the content now and ignore what was written when the content first came out. If it takes a few deaths then so be it, since it takes only a few min to get reset. Sometimes it's nice to know if you need to roll in with dot or dd runes or whatever, but it's not needed if you can think on your feet. If I would have read up on tds beforehand I probably wouldn't have done it. Things that say they AE every 20 seconds for 90k hp don't take shielding in consideration and end up feeling like a mosquito bite.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

The missions can be rough for some groups, but once you learn mechanics it can get easier, but i went into it raid geared as a cleric, VP has some good gear, some good clicks as someone said. I would do it atleast once all 4 missions to get the familiar.