"New Member"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Rylak Elder

Anyone else find it ironic that new members are allowed to post in The Veteran's Lounge forum? Seems like fixing that would take care of 95% of the clueless fodder this folder is subjected to.

Also means we would be getting rid of 100% of the entertainment. :)

Consider this my contribution to the unending deluge of useless posts as we drudge through the end of ToV. The next expansion can't come soon enough!
  2. Hayzeus Augur

Being tagged as a "new member" does not mean the poster only has useless fodder to offer. They may be a 20-year veteran of the game that has, quite intelligently, avoided the foolish drivel that ends up on these boards. Further, I'm willing to bet that what constitutes "useless fodder" is a perspective issue.

What if we just stopped Corwyhn from posting? It won't get rid of all the useless fodder, but it will probably get rid of over half the posting volume (useless or otherwise).

PS: Chill Corwyhn - chill. I just used your name because it was the first to come to mind. Plus, I bet you are more emotionally resilient than Beimeith, and you will roll easier with the joke.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Back in the beginning there was "The Community Forum". Around '06 Sony morphed the boards into a new format. This altered the ranking on the forum posters. Whereas you used to earn points and raise up thru the ranks it made it so the only thing left is your rank based on the number of posts you have made.

So you may have been a member since 2001 or whatever but if you only have posted once or twice then you have the moniker of "new member"

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50316
    Nennius and minimind like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

I check the forums as a brain break from my work day, but any day there's downtime, I dread visiting because all the "New Members" (actually just 'old members') who create new accounts just to whine, stamp their feet, and demand compensation. I would love to have an easily toggleable "Ignore all New Members" button that I flip on/off.

I want it to be easily toggled because I like to keep my eye open for young zerks on my server that I can surprise with "welcome to the frothing masses" gift bag: Poison Wind Censer, Reaver, other gear, droppable Epic 1.5 pieces, etc.
  5. Maedhros High King

Definitely need fewer posts from these "journeymen" in the veterans lounge.
    Newb. :p
    Celephane, Jhenna_BB and Sancus like this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This shows why we've called him RySlak since about 2002. :D
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Bruh you don't even have a custom sig, your avatar icon is the basic EQ logo, and you don't have any badges under your name... Dreamweaver should bump your status back to New Member
  8. Zanarnar Augur

It would be nice if the forums based your "rank" on your account age and total playtime. As is, I don't think its a very accurate representation of someone's involvement and history with the game.

Also agree with the above, for requesting rank based access to the forums, he should be blocked form this one until he hits Augur :p Also his post count should never go up from this point forward, making that impossible :)
    minimind likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Uh huh. :)
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't think we need to put so much thought on the ranks. Only time I check them is when I see a new troll. And at that point I am just trying to figure out if its a new account for the purpose of trolling by someone afraid to use their regular forum account.
    minimind likes this.