Bonuses: Changes of Fall .... a Bonus?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beco, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Beco Lorekeeper

The leave changes color ..... additional experience.

When I read this some minutes ago, I really got "xxx". My thoughts where like: First you change the xp-system in a way that I have to grind some 1000 mobs per level, and than you give out Bonuses ... additional experience ... so I have only to kill some 800 mobs per level?

For me it felt more like "... in your face".

As long as these designchange is active, that you almost get no xp by killing mobs I would prefere to not get these kind of messages. Even doubeling almost nothing for me doesn't feel like a bonus. Am I wrong?
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes.

1.5x xp is 1.5x xp

How much xp each mob grants per kill normally is a whole different argument.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Darkpaw gives out bonus experience, forums user logs in to complain about it. This is Everquest.
    Mikana, Herf, Xyroff-cazic. and 8 others like this.
  4. Zamiam Augur

I'm very excited .. thank you DBG .. I was presently surprised .. i'll take any experience bonus ..

Time for a new alt :p
    Herf likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ocean of Tears is at no risk of drying up.
    Sokki, Herf, Diptera and 7 others like this.
  6. Nadisia Augur

If you're talking about ToV xp, yes, regular XP by killing mobs kinda sucks.

But with the bonus, it sucks 1.5 less :D

ToV has been designed differently, it's mainly focused on the progression (merc/partisan achievements, and missions).
    Good, or bad, I don't know, but it's just a fact.

(In my humble opinion, it's pretty good for the 1st time, and for your main character, but it's a little bit too extreme, and it becomes boring and cumbersome after your 2nd or 3rd alt, when you need to repeat all this progression every single time.
    A small adjustment on the cursor could lead to a pretty enjoyable system, but that's another story, and topic)

But for AA XP, sorry, no, you're wrong.
    My main SK is maxxed AA (over 52k) and I still get almost 1 AA for 2 dark blue mobs or so in trivial zones like EW or GD (in a full group), and that without any special bonus.
    We can't seriously ask for more :p.

Oh, and btw, I'm just a filthy casual in group gear.
    No shiny/fancy raid stuff, my only precious is my 1H ice encrusted SK mace (self dropped) and some evolving stuff (ToV earring, and TBL ring/boots and shoulders, pretty good but it's still group gear).
    And most of my boxed alts are hobos lol, so it's not that hard to get decent XP, honestly ;)
    KarmaKitty and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Regarding the OP's complaint:

You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!

Seriously, who complains about bonus XP?
    Mikana, Herf and Yinla like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea when they had double xp i went and level like three alt's. leveling was actually fast til 109 then it was like hitting a wall after that i just use overseer for xp its kinda slow but gets the job done. Next level up expansion you gotta kill 10k mobs per level just sad when you kill a high level mob and see how little xp you get but thats eq i guess.

Andarriel
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

ToV XP is terrible. I've complained about it several times. However, if you use Overseer, it more than makes up for it. Now Overseer is easier than before, if you like you can just click the left most agent and add them and get the best (or one of the equal best) agent for the position.

Because of Overseer, I no longer complain about the XP in ToV since I now believe it is deliberately low because the Devs knew Overseer was coming to make up for it.
  10. Celephane Augur

No, it is not. The amount of experience required to level is much much more, but the experience itself is great. Just compare AAs, I'm getting more now than I ever have.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Let me rephrase my statement, "ToV REGULAR XP is terrible". I didn't mean AAs.
  12. Maedhros High King

I'll take "overreactions to trivial things in a video game" for 1000 Alex.
    nitrocutter and Herf like this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The new changes to Overseer are terrific, namely dupe agents at the top of the list for conversions, and ranking agents by %-age boost for quests. For the chars where I just want XP (as opposed to collectibles), I'm hardly in there 2 minutes to get everything done :)
    eqgamer likes this.
  14. Nadisia Augur

A bit off topic but If you're right, then for me, it's a really bad decision.
    I do play Everquest to ... play Everquest : kill mobs, do quests, etc.

I'm not here to play (kinda hard for me to use this verb to describe this activity) Overseer, something I consider personally (nothing against people who love it) as a boring, mindless and stupid click fest.

This is exactly what drove me away from WoW with their atrocious timegates and boring follower missions everywhere since WoD.
    If I wanted to play a facebook game, I'd play a facebook game ... but I wont.

Overseer as an alternate way to get things done, ok, why not, but XP nerf to make this thing mandatory, NO !!.

It requires already enough dev resources and time to fix it instead of working on real content (look at the last major patch, it was almost an Overseer only patch), no need to nerf everything around because of this, just to make it centric.
    I want to play Everquest, not Everseer.
    cadres likes this.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I agree that I don't like Overseer as a "minigame". I play EQ to play EQ. However, since it exists, I do find it helps me get XP and other things.

TL;DR: I don't like Overseer but I like the rewards.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And it only takes 2 minutes.

Also, I really don't think you can argue that ToV XP stinks because Overseer. ToV was released in December, and Overseer in March.
  17. Nadisia Augur

Just to add on the regular XP, atm I'm trying to finish the leveling of my 145873rd alt :D, a level 114 mage.
    While killing in ToV EW atm with the current XP bonus, plus an enchanter learner's aura Rk3 (9%), without any fellowship vitality bonus, she gets 0.093 % XP par kill on white mobs.

I don't know the ToV EW ZEM, but it's just a random outdoor zone, so I guess it's not really special.

So, yeah, it's not great, but honestly, it's not that bad either.
    11 mobs for 1%, when you can kill mobs in 30 seconds, it's decent (and the group atm is not really a killing machine : SK/DRU (another alt with pretty bad gear)/ENC/BRD , the 114 mag with bad gear, and a rogue merc).

Sure, we can't level up a new character from scratch in a pinch, but it's EQ after all.
    If I wanted a MMO with silly leveling speed , I'd play another pretty well-known one, where I can level up to max under 10 hours :p
    Yinla, Sissruukk and Celephane like this.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, there's your problem. I am available for hire, discount for friends ;)
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Overseer is meant to be "supplementary" however with alts or when servers are in a far later expansion working through ToV by yourself is going to be freaking painful, at that point supplementary will not be how overseer is, it will be the mainstay of xp gain during ToV for players catching up, now to me that seems like some parallel universe BS and doesn't sound like how I want EverQuest to be or continue being.

ToV xp is not garbage "in era" but if you are behind catching up, it's absolutely going to be a pile of garbage & unfairly penalises anyone not keeping pace with the current expansions, it creates the biggest brick wall to progress for players late to the expansion that has ever existed in EQ and I feel it is both a short sighted & stupid paradigm.

What if you simply cannot get any help to go through the ToV progression to get XP?

"You're f**ked!" is the answer, your xp gain will be limited by what you can get via overseer.

While this might not be too bad on Live servers with 12 months of grinding your face into the wall when a TLP player wants to catch up to the rest of the server they aren't just going to be hamstrung they will be all but level-blocked, they might as well quit at that point, the server will move ahead far faster than they can ever hope to gain on that gap until teh server hits live status, I can't think of a bigger disincentive the devlopers could have created for making lapsed players never want to return.
  20. Angahran Augur

Not a complaint but I'd like something to do with this bonus xp.
    99.999 into level, max AA, even maxed merc AA.
    I REFUSE to buy those stupid firework AAs.

Now, if fellowship sharing actually worked I'd happily grind on my main in order to level up my alts.
    KarmaKitty, Yinla and Nadisia like this.