Not A Bug Burynai Cutter

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yonflow, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Yonflow New Member

I have been trying to complete the old school Kunark Hunter panel, and i have killed thousands upon thousands of mobs in Field of Bone to spawn Burynai Cutter. Is there a way to see if this mob is functioning properly on the Bristlebane server?
  2. Trebla7th Augur

I can't speak to Bristlebane, but all FoB rares are spawning on Aradune... so that's confirmed within the past two months since Kunark opened. I'm still looking for Cutter myself, but of the small community of hunters on this server, all rares have been accounted for at least once.

Would be REALLY nice if the spawn file for any FoB rares could be posted by a dev... 20 years later and they seem to be rare enough that they likely have some unusual spawn mechanics (e.g., time of day, some other NPC can't be up...) that have never been discovered. I know that's "spoiling" it, but after enough time has passed, I think spoilers are ok.
  3. Funky Augur

Field of Bone and the Karanas are just horrible for hunter. good luck!
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1% on ONE (relatively fast respawning) zcd :(
    Not a Bug (though annoying)
    Nennius, Skuz and Funky like this.
  5. Trebla7th Augur

Excellent! Thank you, Ngreth. I'll assume this means there's not some special mechanic. It would probably be too much to ask for any more details than that, so I'll just be happy with what we got.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Trebla7th Augur

So if it's a 5 minute respawn (for example), if you've identified the PH and are able to kill it within a minute... you could expect to see the Cutter once every 10 hours on average... if it's a 10 minute respawn, double that.

Some mobs aren't meant to be campable...
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Field of Bone named are actually pretty easy to force spawn. The majority of the zone is on something like a 30 second respawn timer but the named PHs are all around 4minutes 51 seconds. So the easiest way to find the PH is to do a huge pull of the area, AE it, then wait 5 minutes for the last thing to spawn.

The Scourgetail Scorpion PH can spawn as far northeast as near the beach/woodline then roams south towards Kaesora and past it up the hill. Dakoit is similar but his PH will take a turn and go down one of the ramps into the pit. Confirm that Carrion Queen spawns in the pit (She spawned in the southern section for me), Scaled Prowler in that western section of the map with the Iksar Marauders, and Burynai Cutter in the area north/northeast of Kurns.

From: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...er-achievements-sov-sol-pop-loy.242160/page-5

It's neat to know the exact spawn % on Burynai though, that feels accurate from the 2 times I did Kunark hunter. One session was around 5 hrs one was around 13.
  8. Trebla7th Augur

You say that, but there are always a couple groups in the zone killing things, so there are constant re-pops. Even on the rare occasion I've found the zone mostly empty, track range is too short (Bard) to find fresh pops with things wandering in and out of track range constantly. I've been trying to pull the entire area between Kaesora and the coast every 5-10 minutes and kill it all at once just to guarantee I get the PH along with everything else. But lacking any real way to AE makes that tedious, too.

But yes, in ideal conditions, with better track, empty zone, and an AE that can hit more than 5 targets... it would be reasonably easy to isolate the PH (though I'm not sure whether there are 5 separate PHs or just one that any named can spawn from).

I should also note that normal re-pop seems to be "instant" (0-6 seconds) rather than 30s