Rogue TLP make/apply poison and sense traps

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Nuttmeg, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Nuttmeg Augur

In the achievement window, rogues need to cap: make poison, apply poison, and sense traps (among other skills) at levels 50 and 60.

What is the first expansion this is possible? I could not find a sensable trap in either classic or kunark. What about Velious? Are there sensable traps in that era? And when is the first expansion i can buy a poison to apply to my weapon?

It gets old seeing the other classes hit their milestones when mine cannot.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

If I remember correctly, and this was many Norrathian moons ago, I worked up sense traps in Western Wastes just outside of the Siren's Grotto zone. I am not sure when this was taken out. Also, if I remember correctly, you don't need to use an active trap to work up the skill. I used to have it bound to my forward movement key so that anytime I pressed it, it would "sense trap" and work the skill up (it was a slow leveling skill if I remember this correctly). I am not sure which xpac you are in, but LDoNs also have numerous traps in them.

As for poisons, this skill was old school rogue skill, where you would make your poison, then apply it by putting your weapon on your cursor, then right-clicking the poison in your inventory (if I remember this correctly as well). I don't believe there was a poison vendor, you had to make your own, and it didn't show up as a buff when you applied it, like Spider's Bite and the utility poisons do now on live. The old school rogue poisons were also one-use, one-shot poisons, so you would need to reapply it after it fired off.
  3. Skecpa Journeyman

The swinging axe traps in Sol a and the pounding pillar traps in sol b are sensible (and disarmable). Poisons that raise "apply" skill are never vendor sold per-say. You can buy the mats for some that use the apply skill (other than the poison vials). I know spirit of sloth is all vendor mats aside from the vials, I don't remember if that was vanilla or kunark.

If I remember correctly it also didn't really apply it to the weapon you clicked the poison with but rather applied it to your primary slot. It'd also go away if you died or zoned.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  4. Appleoat Lorekeeper

I do recall getting a few points near Sirens in West Wastes. If you don't max it by Luclin check out .
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I used the rock trap in Sol B for my sense traps. Disarm traps, too, I think. As others have said, you have to use the old school player made poisons for Apply Poison. Didn't have to hold the weapon that I remember, just click the bottle, but I could be misremembering. One of us is, for sure. Just have to try it both ways and see what works.
  6. Mindra New Member

Lets see, how did I survive the first time I walked into DN.
    This may have changed, but I'm not sure there had to be a nearby trap to raise sense traps. It just goes up really really slowly. Tie it to a key you use often.
    That is all.

-Mindra Skylarker of the Iksarian Broods, Bertoxx.