No Fix Planned Mouse turning accuracy and irregular framerates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumbur, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When you have uncapped framerates(or just higher than 30) and stand near a "lagpile"(many players at the same spot) and slowly turn around your character with your mouse, then it is very difficult to control your turning speed. It is like, the mouse jumps past the "lagpile".
    My guess is that the client only poll the mouse-coordinates once every frame, resulting in inaccurate mouse movement at low framerates, and that the client overcompensates, by accelerating the mouse too much.

Keyboard turning is not affected.

Look into putting putting mouse-polling in a separate thread that runs at a constant-speed, unaffected by the rest of the game-loop performance, or by finetuning the accuracy-compensation.
  2. Horse Journeyman

Oh how I wish I could up vote this a thousand times!
    The erratic mouse behavior seems to be very noticeable for me immediately after zoning as well. Half the time I end up fall off the platform in Stratos.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Occasionally happens for no reason at all except that Im turning around to run from something I just pulled.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

We can duplicate this issue, but there is no reasonable fix.
  5. Xanadas Augur

This has been an issue for ages. I think it's something out of their control and blackboxed into whatever bizzaro 3d engine they use for EQ. Capping at 60 fps seems to be the only solution for me.