Confirmed IVU and hidden player issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kizant, Jan 23, 2020.

1. kizant Augur

Sometimes you can't target a player. You'll try and their name shows up in the target window but it instantly disappears. Then they click off IVU and you can target them just fine. It happens fairly often but I'm not sure what causes it exactly.

It doesn't matter if the player is AFK and you have hide AFK players on or anything like that. It doesn't seem to require double invis. I'll try to reproduce it better but you could probably go around any zone and find someone with IVU that you can't target.
    Nenton, Emilari, Carden and 11 others like this.
  2. Kuaamil Elder

This happens often when zoning out of missions.

I mean there's nothing wrong here. You've become a zombie and don't realize it!
    kizant likes this.
  3. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

Have seen this also. It's almost the same as if you didn't have a see invis item and a player was regular invis. Player pops right up when ivu is clicked off
    Velisaris_MS and Duder like this.
  4. Duder Augur

Yeah, we figured this out a couple weeks ago and I forgot to post this! Is a real pain.

I had also noticed this on Beta but hadn't figured out what was up and forgot about it till running into it on live.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, this bug has been happening for quite a while, long before ToV came out.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you zone into a zone, and a player hasn't moved or done anything, this will happen. As soon as they take an action (like clicking off a buff / moving) it updates and they appear.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  7. kizant Augur

Maybe they new thing is that moving around doesn't always fix it. I know that's why I noticed it in the first place.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Has occurred with people who are actively on the move and in discord that I am chatting with that I was trying to target. Specifically in EW otm to Kael hero. Was trying to target to single target buff. I asked him if he was right next to me which he replied yeah im looking right at you. I said run around a bunch, which he did. To no avail. Then for whatever reason I asked him if he was IVU, he was, I asked him to click it off, he did, problem solved.

Maybe I have turned undead! =x
    Celephane likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

It happened just now and it didn't really involve an instance. I just camped in kael with IVU on and when I came back a few hours later I couldn't be targeted or seen. So, I ran around trying to find one of those rare mobs that can see regular invis cause it would be interesting if it were working like some kind of SoS but I couldn't find one. Moving definitely didn't fix it.

And no there were no pick zones before or after I can back so I was always in the main zone.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  10. niente Developer

Need more detailed reproduction steps before this can be fixed - when I log in/out or zone in/out a character with IVU, a second character always sees them.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ya this is a very old bug. Hard to repro.
  12. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

If you have /hidemodels all on and die, it hides your model which can get really bad. only way I have seen to fix it is to zone
  13. Ratalthor Developer

Bumping this thread to see if anybody has any additional repro steps for us to try out.
  14. cadres Augur

I don't think this one affects all players equally. For eg, we recently zoned into EW, group member could not target someone who had been sitting there for an hour or 2 afk, I could target them fine. If they used assist to target them, it did that odd targetting where their health bars don't show properly and they couldn't, for eg, trade with them. We couldn't find a setting that might be responsible for this. Many guildies have mentioned this over a long time, but others say it's never happened to them
  15. Febb Augur

This is a very old bug. I think it's a problem between the client and server syncing other player characters. This is why one person can see these invis characters and why others can't. Some clients aren't getting the same data.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

It's due to the player moving while you are zoning, is when I notice it. If they are in Spot A, you start to zone, they move to Spot B, you finish zoning and load into their zone, there's a chance they won't be in Spot B on your screen, but rather Spot A or just completely invisible until they make a slight move, turn, or whatever to update all players in the zone as to their location.
  17. Gialana Augur

There are maybe two separate issues being discussed in this thread. I'll address the issue of not being able to see a character that has ITU brought up in the original post.

In case it matters, ITU is the AA Group Perfected Invisility to Undead cast by a paladin, and "invis" is the AA Group Perfected Invisibility cast by a wizard.

Players A and B are grouped in ToV version of Kael Drakkel, both near -1490, -220, -187. However, I also reproduced these steps later in Plane of Knowledge and came up with the same results.

Player A has ITU and Player B has both invis and ITU
    Then Player C (not in group) zones in.
    Player C can see and target Player B but can't see Player A. Also, when Player C uses the target command to target Player A, C's target window is populated with A's name for only a split second.
    C can see A if A drops ITU, if A recasts (and keeps) ITU, or if C joins the group.

I tried again with players A and B both only having ITU and Player C ungrouped.
    Once A and B have ITU, C camps or zones.
    The C re-enters zone.
    This time, C can't see either A or B.
    When Player A then casts ITU, player C can immediately see A but can't see B until the new ITU lands on him/her.

After re-reading niente's post, I tried the following:
    Player A had only ITU and was not visible to Player C because of the above testing.
    Player A zoned from PoK to the guild lobby.
    Player A did not change any buffs, including ITU and zoned back to PoK.
    Player C could now see Player A.

So it seems if a character is cloaked in only an invisibility to undead, an ungrouped character will not be able to see them unless they were in the same zone when the invisibility was applied or if the character with invisibility to undead zones.
  18. Diptera Augur

Not related to IVU, but I get this all the time, boxing two toons on one PC.

Toon A is already in the Lobby.
    Zone toon B into the Lobby (or log toon B in to the Lobby)
    Toon B cannot see toon A, until toon A takes some action (usually moving).
    Kroolhand78 and Funky like this.
  19. Funky Augur

i notice this a lot boxing multiple toons on 1 PC.