If your class could have one thing another class has...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

I ask for it all the time.
  2. Jokskilove Palzerker

I think every class should have the ability to become a gnome!
    As a Palzerker, I would like some ability to decapitate/assassinate lower level mobs, instead of that useless killshot on mobs below 10%. The current ability is barely more damaging than a critical hit.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

This is fun:

Mage: single target mez elemental/construct

Mage: ice nuke, “earth” nuke (4 elements... )

Bard: Plate tanking ability like the two other hybrids

Cleric: necromancer pet(s) <— in d20-based rpgs clerics are often the better necromancers

Paladin: enchanter runes (divine flavoured)

Necromancer: summon bone armor (like summoned mage gear), consumes bone chips

BST: mez animals —- because bst

Wizard: mage pets, but only 2 corresponding to their elemental specialization, and they should choose 2 out of 4 elements, these would be the nukes they could cast

:-D :-D
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Cleric - Normal invis
    Mage - Root
    Rogue - Backstab becomes Frenzy when not using daggers

What I'd really like to see is a self-only Divine Intervention for everyone. Basically a "killing blow against you instead puts you at 25% hp on X cool-down".
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Paladins: Slay Living. Respect the master class.
    Annastasya likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Warrior: Range comparable to knights on our aggro abilities.
  7. Lockdown Elder

Yeah, while I mentioned Ranger Flusterbolt needing to die a horrible death and remain with Enchanters where it belongs, and our Self-Stasis ability that everyone and his dog now has, let's not forget our ability to maintain two auras, which Clerics appropriated.

But if we were to get something from Rangers in return, tracking sounds nice. Since Enchanters are the most mentally acute and have the spells that affect the mind, suppose we gained the ability to sense the location of minds around us.

Probably much too complicated for our skeletal and overworked Dev team to accomplish, though. But it might be interesting. A limitation on the ability might be that it doesn't work on tracking mobs that don't have minds, such as constructs or mindless undead, like skeletons and zombies. But then again, why should we have that limitation? Our mezzes and charms certainly work on mindless undead and constructs.

I realize that that's too tall an order, given the very limited resources that we have. But it is a nice fantasy, and I think I justified it quite well lore-wise.

One illusion I don't want is the Shaman's variation of Self-Stasis, which involves turning themselves into a Totem. They're quite welcome to their Illusion: Turd AA, I know I certainly don't want it.

On the other hand, it might have uses...since we can project any illusion that falls into our greedy hands. Turning bad group members into turds at random moments! "You turd!"
  8. Diptera Augur

..and ogres ;)
    Lockdown likes this.
  9. Nadisia Augur

For me? Hmmm ... nothing. I'm SK after all, so, what else? :D
  10. Koveras Elder

Cleric ideas as mentioned below...
    1. A dot spell line similar to the Necromancer's Pallid Line expect it has a magic counter.
    2. A hammer swarm pet similar to the Magician's Servant Line where the Cleric can summon up to three hammers.
    3. Another spell line of direct damage spells similar to the Paladin's Crush Line with one major difference: Whenever a foe gets struck by such a spell, the target's target gets the extra aggro in turn.
    Paladin ideas as mentioned below...
    1. A self-buffed version of the Cleric's Shining Line buff expect it deals magic-based damage instead of stunning the target via defensive procs in addition to self healing defensive procs.
    2. A self buffed version of Brells would also be ideal, which should add a good amount of Armor Class in addition to Hit Points. Said self-buff would be similar to the Ranger's Protection Line.
    3. A conjuration line of spells similar to the Cleric's Hammer Line, expect the Paladin gets a 2H Sword.
    4. A self-buffed version of the Cleric's Retort Line, save for the fact it will proc direct damage in addition to group heals instead of procing a damage shield.
    Playful likes this.
  11. Rolaque Ancient

So that would only apply to characters actively played for the last 20 years. It is supposed to be a role playing game, after all.
    Nadisia likes this.
  12. Nadisia Augur

Hehe ;)
    Joke aside, the only thing I would love to get is not from another class, I just want for my casters, a friggin' gate AA (and 2nd/3rd recall for my druid and my wizard) that doesn't collapse . :confused: :mad:

For the simple gate, ok, it's just a handful of seconds to recover, but for the 2nd/3rd binds, it's around 5 mins or so at max rank, and it may collapse. (something like that, not in game atm)

Give us something to make these spells 100% stable, even for 1K AA, I'll buy it :p
  13. seaninsa Journeyman

It would be nice as a Druid to have both regular invis and ITU.
  14. Jennre Band Leader

Archery, Decap/Headshot, or Backstab.
    Funky likes this.
  15. Arborer Lorekeeper

Quaternary Recall, or whatever a 4th bind/gate spell would be called. When they introduced Tertiary Recall, I naively thought they'd add a new one every expansion, and at the same time drop the reagent required for the previous one (making the bind-setting accomplished by an AA.) But now we're like---what---3 extra binds behind? They should be about to introduce---ummm, Sextiary Recall!

This is for druids, btw. Of course, they can give it to wizards too, otherwise they'd whine.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I would gladly give up Flusterbolt to be able to get your mana return for your BP click. Rangers have been asking for needed mana recovery for years. It is a thread of wanting other classes things, after all.
  17. cadres Augur

Adding abilities such as track, mana recovery etc would be a great thing to do - at a price of a humungous number of AAs. That's what I'd like most, something worthwhile to do for the 9 months between expansions. So perhaps track (as others have said, to a basic level), for 5k AA; mana recovery, 10k AA etc
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Asking for more mana recovery is a trap; the costs of spells will increase to match and you'll have no net gain.
    Annastasya likes this.
  19. Nadisia Augur

You're prolly right Kaenneth, but I see what Jhenna is saying.
    The ranger is really a mana sponge if you try to play it somewhat correctly ...
  20. Cannikin Elder

Warriors: monk mend.

It will slightly make up for us being the only tank class with (almost) no ability to heal ourselves. It doesn't even have to be 30 sec refresh like monks have, just enough that I don't have to med every few minutes or slowly die of a thousand paper cuts soloing in otherwise trivial content.