Hunter questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I have been working on my TOV hunter achievement. I am down to Velks left and Kael. In Velks i am looking for Qabruh. Now in eq resource it tells me his ph is an icy gargoyle and shows his spawn points. My problem with that is its in a really packed area so breaking that camp kinda sucks.

Now camping the named Kobald at the Kobald camp, I was camping in the divit in the trail right outside their "town" and was pulling behind us in the trail. There are just regular Crystal Gargoyles back there. I know I had Qabruh spawn from one of those at one time. Now this was long ago when the expansion was newer and we were under geared and got out rumps handed to us and never went back.

My question is, is it possible that Qabruh can spawn there still or was that changed? I ask this because we have camped there id say 6 hours easy and not had it pop from the crystal gargoyles close to the kobald village.

and yes I know I need to Git Gud.
    Thank you
    Duder likes this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Looks like multi spots i use zam and magelo (can look up mobs and see where they spawn)

https://eq.magelo.com/npc/524960

Andarriel
    Flatchy likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

EQ client doesn't know where a mob spawns, so Magelo sync only collects where it gets killed. It can get pulled far from its spawn point, but its generally a good indicator. There's also no indicator for stale data, or when the point was collected.

ZAM and EQR are both player driven so the data will only be as good as what is submitted and entered. It's possible when they made a pass to change some spawns to a unique named PH, that one got modified too. Its also possible that RNG wasn't in your favor for 6 hours. Sometimes you get lucky and its a short camp, sometimes it takes days. Some of those in Velks are a lower spawn chance, took me a while to finish a few of them back in the castle.
    Vumad likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I guess what throws me off most about this is that EQ was for the most part always predictable. The ph always had a diff name and was easy to pin down. Now it just seems willy nilly.
  5. Ashigaru Augur

The spawn point was changed - from my limited experience it now only spawns in the clustered area you mention.

It's not too bad to clear - if you pull the orc that stands in the doorway, I think you get 2-3 and they can be split.
  6. Funky Augur

within the past few weeks i have killed him near the kobold camp and seen him spawn from a gargoyle toward the front of the castle.

it's just RNG luck to get him to spawn like every other named
  7. Astral64 Augur

King Xorbb says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    an ancient treant says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    a great kodiak says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Jerg Oakenfist says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    a lesser nightmare says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Tisella says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Dunedigger says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Grimtooth says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Grizzleknot says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Knari Morawk says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Marik Clubthorn says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Mroon says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Narra Tanith says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Quillmane says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Synger Foxfyre says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    a werewolf bandit says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Burynai Cutter says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Carrion Queen says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Iksar Dakoit says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Scaled Prowler says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Scourgetail Scorpion says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Vaniki says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Aero says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Felor Swiftwater says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Hydro says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Inferno says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    Praem Softbreeze says, "Am I a joke to you?"
    a grol baku warmaster says, "Am I a joke to you?"

[IMG]
    Jondalar likes this.
  8. Laurana Augur

In some recent patch this summer, all names in ToV were assigned proper PH names to distinguish them from the regular trash mobs. It should be clear now a PH vs. a non-ph. If you see 2-5 (give or take) of a creature with a specific alternate name (such as for Qabruh, PHs are called an icy gargoyle), that's how you can tell you have the PHs. I found Qabruh up in the base of the NW tower in Velks (I updated Zam with a map and the 2 PHs I worked on). There's another PH at least somewhere else, but I did not capture those at the time I was there.
    [IMG]
    CrazyLarth likes this.