If your class could have one thing another class has...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Monkman Augur

Bard Fade
  2. Lifeshriek Augur

as a bst: moar dps
    Eyezing likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Was going to say bard res, but then everyone has access to rez tokens.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Lockdown Elder

If your wish includes anything from Enchanters, don't worry, you'll get it. Devs be like, "Gosh, this class is having trouble. What can we take from Enchanters that will fix it?"
    Diptera likes this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not a class feature, but the ability to drop a campfire as a single person. Though, I would imagine everyone would be rolling rogues up just for this ability if that were the case.
    Derka likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Would be a great idea for a vet reward on a 4 day refresh or more.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I don't want anything that takes away from the game. So much has been ruined by things like over abundant illusions. That said, there are some things that I think could be had while remaining reasonable.

All classes: Track, but only something like "6th sense", so like forage was added, the track would only work to 50 or 100m. It would just give you improved awareness of your immediate surroundings. Basically to combat the field of view deficiencies in game vs real life.

My ENC: A mana recovery spell like mages have (in addition to gather mana).

My cleric: Improved Cloudy Potion

My mage: A CC ability (in lore). I am thinking a summoned pet specific for offtanking. Compare sort of like the ENC doppleganger AA, but without the swarm or shadow step. Maybe use a rock golumn graphic. Monsterous HP, no meaningful taunt so the mob wont attack it while being attacked by anything (like how mez would be), but somehow prevents heal aggro. Duration of probably 60 seconds, couple minutes on the cooldown. Monks shouldn't have mez. Mages definitely should not.

My ranger: I don't play him much, but improve undead potion.

My Necro: I play it almost none, but undead specific areas as a standard in every expansion.
  8. Lockdown Elder

I note, with some dryness, that Enchanters once had the mana regen spells that caster and priest classes considered indispensable. Now we're the most dependent on them.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'd like an ability to take back all my class abilities from everyone else.
  10. Lockdown Elder

That would be nice. So long to Ranger Flusterbolt, and everyone else's Self-Stasis ability.
    Diptera likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I think tracking should be on every character. After 20 years you would think that you could pick up something even if it is not real good tracking. Kind of like forage.
  12. Broozer Augur

If we want to be logical, I'm thinking beastlords should be able to track, at the least when they have a warder out, as the warder would do the tracking ;)

Also I do think bards having a call of the hero song would make sense since group members can hear the tunes and rush to it like running to a concert late and hearing the band playing lol. Can name it Call of the Pied Piper ;)

Mages getting more utility spells vs summoned similar to how necros get vs undead or druids get vs animals could make sense. Already have undead nukes, so maybe slow/mez vs summoned?
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Diptera Augur

No, no, you touched it last, it's yours...
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

While I am against bluring the lines into the ENC class, I do respect that Necros have always been the Enchanters of the undead. Druids and mages having similar spells for animals/summoned is reasonable, but they should never be the same in duration/cripple/slow to ENC/SHM. Allowing Mages to charm in TBL and Druids to charm in EoK would have made some interesting eras, as long as ENC spells remained stronger/less likely to break, etc. ENC should remain ahead on charm/mez/slow even on class specific mobs.
  15. Funky Augur

Bard - some form of end/mana regen (or allow me to use Rally while fighting) like breather/relax

SK - Fortitude. Deflection is meh.

Sham - in combat 96% rez
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Diptera Augur

ENC - I want the mage's summon spells so I can gear up shiny bob myself :)
    Lockdown likes this.
  17. Tour Augur

Easy. Auspice. More TB / MGB Auspice always nice to have. IoG maybe second choice.
    Sure, lots of nice heal relating things my clr would love to have too, but screw that. Murder things faster.
  18. Gremin Augur

Early game aoe taunt for warior on 1 min timer
  19. Mithra Augur

rogue - mend
  20. Xerzist Augur

Agree, kinda odd beastlords cant track lol