C'Mon...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SilentSnob, Oct 2, 2020.

1. SilentSnob New Member

Hey,
    Is a new expansion happening or what? How about some news... I think we deserve at least an update on the status of things.
  2. Cicelee Augur

No new expansion. The game will be sunset on October 21, 2020.

Sorry.

Or maybe there will be another announcement on that date. But I am guessing sunset. Yeah.
  3. Hekaton Augur

if you peruse the forums semi-regular like you'd know theres a new expansion and its TOV pt 2. Even though theres no official word yet the stuff they've been patching in over the year (new othmir models) should tell you something
    Riou likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

7 pm on a Friday, making a new thread about stuff that is already posted, get a clue. Why do this right now?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

it took me only a few minutes to find all these, your new thread on the same exact topic really wasn't needed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/next-expansion.269530/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-expansion-info.270384/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-expansion.270470/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/we-are-waiting-devs.270543/
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Please new member, explain why you deserve anything, while outstanding exploits, like levitating over the wall in Plane of Fire, are yet to be addressed.
    HoodenShuklak and Svann2 like this.
  7. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Guilds have already gotten beta email so yes we're getting a new expansion.
  8. Maedhros High King

There are a lot of problems in EQ but I think I would put levitating in 18 year old Plane of Fire at the very lowest priority possible. Perhaps right after we fix a few dozen more misspelled words in ancient quests.
    Nennius, Tallie, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Levitating over the wall is an exploit? I thought it was a feature. I watched Ready Player One. It taught me to look for and appreciate cool stuff like this. I just figured it was a secret way into the castle in my game about magic.
  10. Febb Augur

Dythan has been posting this parody for quite some time. I guess some people don't read the forums very often.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

With delaying on saying anything about a new expansion they really must not want new people to come into this game. Sure eq keeps going because there are alot of loyal eq players out there. course ive been playing since 2000 and cant remember eq ever advertising ever someone enlighten me. but hey if there were more people playing eq i wouldnt be able to do hunters so its all good.

Andarriel
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think your post is spot on, even more so in 2020. The launch of TLP and all the players that brought in because people are "working" from home is an indication of just that. They can't have too many new players right now, Dark Paw's servers and their ultra crappy ISP won't allow for it.

The good thing is, the existing players are probably filling in the void well with micro transactions. All the unique cash shop Hero's Forge and Familiars has to help a bit. The familiars for those that collect them all is also making players have to purchase more Key Rings - shrewd, Dark Paw. ;)

They'll get a nice boost next patch with Dwarf Crates as well. For the time being, they can sustain the game without any real concern for having the income to operate - unlike the majority of how most businesses are being effected by Covid 19.
    Andarriel likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see how expansion 27 of a game that was released almost 22 years ago is going to attract new players. Sure we would like to see new players but it isn't like a new player would actually be able to experience the new expansion for a while after they started playing.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Last year it was announced on October 16, 2019. Then Pre-orders and Beta began on October 23, 2019.
    It was announced in late Nov that it would fully be released on December 18, 2019.

So what delay?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree, the best opportunity EverQuest had for that was with The Serpent's Spine and they didn't do much advertising then either.

Historically EQ has relied mostly upon word of mouth & a few mentions by reviewers on websites/blogs and never really budgeted for much advertsing, right now it is likely in the postion that if it did it would reduce what they could spend on developing the game.
  16. Captain Video Augur

The one essentially zero-cost thing they could do to advertise is to have a more official presence on Steam. Both the DCUO and PS2 teams post updates on Steam, plus DCUO has achievements on Steam. EQ1 and EQ2 both pretty much ignore the Steam platform. The EQ1 Steam store page hasn't been updated in two years, and makes absolutely no mention of the existence of TLPs (good or bad, depending on your point of view).
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Collectors edition will include an actual othmir.
    Supplies limited - order today.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Are you sure there are no behind the scenes costs?

This was a different issue. But during Landmark (SOE) era, there was some bad blood with Steam and Beta Keys, if I remember correctly. They had to pay for beta keys they handed out or some such. I got the impression some in the EQ 'house' ended up not favoring Steam.

There's no integration with EQ really is there? Just the 'overlay' you can use to track hours played and the like?
  19. Angahran Augur

Nope, you do not deserve anything.
    Coagagin likes this.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Sounds delicious.
    Diptera, Sissruukk and Skuz like this.