Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Rain Caller quest. Level 40 encounter in Kedge for a bow thats not a raid event or an epic event.
  2. Captain Video Augur

No. I'm a Ranger so I've done this quest more than once. You only need EB if you're camping the zone and not just looking for her. If you're, let's say, in the 45-50 range, and she's just there with fish, you can pull her and take her out in not much more than a minute. If she's there with other girls, you pull them one or two at a time, go out for breath, and go back in for the lock of hair. There are only three spawn points in that area, and the respawn timers are like 15-20 minutes each.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

How about Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere? Think you can swim all the way to the mermaids and clear them all out on 1 breath of air? Oh wait, she's lvl 51.

Undertow for Squallsurge Shawl? Can't count since he can also drop an epic item right?

Deepwater Ink for alchemy? Doesn't count either since you're camping the zone.

If you want to do Rain Caller so you just hold your breath, dive down, zone in, pull her and kill her and then run out for air and repeat that every 20 minutes instead of staying at the camp I guess you wouldn't need EB.
    If you remove every mob under lvl 50 and remove any mob associated with an epic such as Undertow, Bergurgle, Tainted Seahorse and you remove "raids" such as Phinny. And you don't want to actively camp anything in a zone, then you probably don't need EB. :rolleyes:
    Loze likes this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

There you go. :) As I pointed out earlier in the thread, Rangers get EB at 20, so I myself always have it if I want to use it. The point, however, is that there is no game-driven reason for classes who don't get an early EB to need it before you get to things like epic lines and raid encounter content, which means past 50. Which begs the question of why someone in their mid-late 20s is camping an item in Classic solely because it has EB. It's one of several things in the OP's story which didn't ring true to me.

Out of curiosity, I went over to P99 to look up what their market price is for Fishbone Earring. To my mild surprise, it trades for around 2K plat, which means there is demand for it. Were there any racers on Rizlona willing to pay a KR for that earring when Kunark launched? I don't know. But it goes on my ever-expanding list of examples of how RMT has completely taken over every Classic-launched TLP until they get to PoP, and why I'm now resolved to ignore Aradune (where the 2-box rule is attractive) until it reaches that stage. I have plenty to keep me busy on my live server in the meantime.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

So to recap your position, if you DO

1. Want to Raid (Phinny)
    2. Want to pursue your epic (as a rogue/mage/bard/cleric/druid at least, maybe more)
    3. Want to do alchemy (deep water ink)
    4. Want to do the Rain Caller quest w/o risking drowning
    5. Want to complete other quests (Phylactery for ex)
    6. Want to camp decent non raid gear (Squallsurge Shawl for ex)

You DO need EB.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also, maybe I missed it and I'm not going back through 10 pages to check, but where did OP say he was in his mid 20s?
  7. Captain Video Augur

He didn't specifically, but he did claim he was KS'ed by a solo druid, which I don't see possible if his mage was much higher level than that. Hadden is 28.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It takes literally one nuke to drop Hadden below 50% health. You can lose the race if you simply start casting 0.2 seconds after the other guy. My god just stop posting.
    Loze likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fun Quote, seems apt:

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
    ― Groucho Marx
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

He was writing an email and the druid saw Hadden up with a mage standing beside him doing nothing. The mage didn't send in pet or cast a single spell.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Contradict yourself much, do you?
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah, you got me. There's no way a mage higher than mid 20's would ever NOT pull the mob underwater immediately after the druid starts casting his nuke. Therefore the mage had to be mid 20's, tops!
  13. Captain Video Augur

The original claim was watching Netflix, later changed to writing e-mail. In the middle of the thread he/she said this (emphasis mine):

He/she also said it was 3-boxing, with a cleric and an unnamed class that had Track, which means having force and the ability to pull. Of course I don't really believe any of it, it sounds more like the person was literally asleep when it started. Plus he/she didn't know the respawn timer, was claiming it was 25 min when it's actually six hours. Clearly not familiar with the task.

So why are people still arguing about this? You're arguing about me, not the actual subject of the thread. Consider protecting your mental health and just put me on ignore.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I knew, given enough time, you would eventually post something factually accurate.
    Tweakfour17, Loze, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

An 11 page thread arguing over an item that is easily replaceable for 1/8th of a Krono in a 21 year old video game played people over the age of 30.

Neat
  16. jeskola pheerie

This thread stopped being about the Fishbone Earring many pages ago.
  17. Captain Video Augur

This thread was never about a Fishbone Earring. It was about how sad the TLP culture has become that people feel the need to stage huge fights over something as trivial as a Fishbone Earring. With double emphasis on the word trivial.
  18. bardybard Augur

Why are you here?
  19. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

None of you are right. This post was about a cited example (Hadden) of harassment (2 separate encounters of behaviour over two consecutive days). If you read the story and the logs, this should have been quite clear.

The encounter itself is irrelevant, because the behaviour I described, can (and does) happen anywhere in this game.

What I have learned is that there is a general acceptance of antisocial and tyrannical players, tyrants continue to feel they can behave badly without recourse, and anyone who chooses to call out this kind of behaviour is further belittled and ridiculed for calling out what general society considers abhorrent behaviour, and toxic to healthy community building.

/Flame on!
  20. Febb Augur

What you want is a utopian society where people hold hands and wear rose colored glasses and take turns. This society existed on past servers where the population was much lower than it is on the mainstream progression servers of today. However this world doesn't exist anymore when it comes to open world encounters. You either accept that there will be competition and toxic behavior on overcrowded servers or move to a less populated server.