If your class could have one thing another class has...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Note- this thread is meant to be for fun. It is not advocating for any additional class abilities. The event any of these will be granted is as close to zero as zero can be.

Having said that, as a magician if there is one thing I would love to have that I know I will never get, it probably will be some form of enchanter AOE mez.

My monk would probably love tracking.

My bard would love to be able to gate/port.

I know these are silly. Play along if you want. What is the one thing your class does not have that another class has that you would love to have?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Mortal coil would be pretty nice.

Squall heal would be nice too.
    Tour, Sirene_Fippy and Allayna like this.
  3. Nniki Augur

Call of the Hero as a bard, just so I never have to deal with another lost (or slow, but mostly lost) person again.

I swear, when helping certain people with new content, I spend more time trying to get them to the content than it takes to complete it. It drives me crazy. Maps can't help these people; they're just perpetually lost. Zones like Crystal Caverns and The Ry'gorr Mines? The small city of Froststone alone will do them in; forget the rest of the zone. Trying to get them to the castle in Velketor's Labyrinth? Good luck. Ugh.

Working title: Call of the Ballad
    Cast on other: You write Soandso into your tale.
    Land on you: You have been written into a bard's tale.
    Land on other: Soandso has been written into a bard's tale.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

As a Ranger, having some sort of mana regen ability similar to a Druid or Wizard harvest would be cool. Heck even if we could summon mana theft arrows at the cost of endurance, similar to how berserkers have to summon axes. Maybe cost 5% endurance per arrow and only able to keep 10 at a time temporarily. Anything to recover quickly after a death and make use of the rarely used Endurance stat.

Side edit for thought and further discussion:
    Bringing back mana steal from mobs and adding a different dynamic to fights. Imagine if you completely drained a raid boss's mana and would completely remove an AE spell mechanic.
    Cadira likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

For my ranger i would say selo's, fd or a harvest to get back mana in that order.

Andarriel
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't want anything another class has.

I just want them to un-nerf all the things that made each class special.
    Diptera likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing I can think of, pretty happy with how Berserkers are in general (and with what they get in RoS/TBL/ToV) only things that would be good to me for the class are reductions in discs to get them all under a 10 minute timeframe for re-use.

If I were to add anything at this point I'd like some booze-related extra powers, drunken zerker craziness could be fun.
    minimind and Ninelder like this.
  8. Arborer Lorekeeper

IVU spell for druids. Although there are potions which, of course, I run out of when deep in an undead dungeon. Or an IVU clicky with faster cast time useable by druids.

A better fade spell, or just remove the nerfs to Veil of the Underbrush AA. Used to be great but now with the long recast time, not so much. Never did figure out why they needed to nerf that...

Every class should want TRACK. This, and porting, is one reason that even when I play one of my non-druid alts I always bring my druid along to help.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Clerics, Paladins and Monks should have Invisibility by level 115.
    Annastasya, Tallie, Cadira and 2 others like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

11. Malbro Augur

As a BST, I would like permanent invis to undead. At this point, with ToV, I think all classes should have a permanent IVU.

That said, track would be nice.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

dual invis all :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and seaninsa like this.
  13. Kamor Lorekeeper

Shaman-actual in combat rez with a reasonable cool down
    Ranger-any kind of mana recovery ability (paragon?)
    Bard-2nd Nniki't CoTH
    Everyone else-the same easy mode dps as berzerkers.
    Cadira likes this.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Just grab a Staff of Forbidden Rites, 90% rez you can use in combat and only a 30 second recast.

My top 2 picks for Shaman would be either Snare or Tracking.
  15. Allayna Augur

Shaman and Druid should both have in combat 96% Rez by now. They gave it to Paladins.
  16. Szilent Augur

Definitely no one should give me this power. Pretty sure "just" Dark/Blood Absorption would make me a menace to society.
  17. Szilent Augur

Do enchanters maybe want Compliant Lurch back from warriors? :p we sure never asked for it…:confused:
    Annastasya, Mazame and Skuz like this.
  18. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

as a mage, I want my water pet to assassinate.
    IblisTheMage and Vumad like this.
  19. Ninelder Augur

Everyone knows the devs have always hated druids, I can only assume that some hippy came through town and banged all their wives/girlfriends. But even after 7 years of "stand behind this wall and cast this one spell over and over again raids," and after the risible disparity between healer mercs and tank mercs; I did not think the devs truly hated clerics. Then they made this item: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=127615
    Playful, Rolaque and Coagagin like this.
  20. Ninelder Augur

Speaking for all 3 of us still playing, why ruin a steady trend now?