I HATE CROSS-SERVER SPAMMMMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Sheebea Augur

T from Bertox is spamming daily. I have tried many combinations in the ignore win but nothing works. I was told,when asked, that there is no way to prevent cross-server spam. True? If it is, FIX-IT!!
    Veteran_BetaTester and Nennius like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe you can ignore with: /ignore <server name>.<character name>

The problem with cross-server is that it is self-fueling blight. Most people do not know about cross server chat but when they see others do it (sell loot or recruit), it catches on to more people.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

I second the need for and option to block all cross-server chat. It would be different if TLP was trying to KIT with people on live, but it is all but exclusively being used for cross-server sales.

Yes, ignoring server.name does work on an individual basis.
    Sheebea and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yeah, we get a lot of cross server power level spam.
    Sheebea likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You can block all cross server chat with:

;ignore

Just be aware that it can block messages you do want, and there is no way to know it is disabled so try not to forget it or you might wonder why you can't get cross server tells anymore.

To unblock them, just type it again.

You can also use:

;invisible

To make yourself appear as offline, so even if someone has you on their friends list to spam when you're online, you won't show as online. They can still message you however.
    Vumad, Andarriel, Zamiam and 2 others like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The difference is that you don't use the friends box to ignore them like you would a regular ignore. Just type /ignore servername.charactername in your chat line and it should take.

In a few weeks I look in my ignore list and see them in there and take them off ignore. Cause they go away in a week or so.

Another thing that helps is to mark them as spam. If enough of us do that then they get popped.
    Sheebea likes this.
  7. Sheebea Augur

Thanks. I give that a try. I've been playing since Kunark. I didn't include < > in my tries.
  8. Zamiam Augur

very kewl .. i did not know about these options and Iv'e been playing for 21 years .. :p
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

What we really need is a way to click on a name and add it to ignore from the drop down window (like how we report spam). We also need a way to have the ignore feature to block the associated account.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So I tried this (;invisible) and am still showing up for non friends, total strangers, non guildies, guildies and pretty much every one in the game lol. I did get the message "invisible mode on" when I did it but not sure what that actually does.

Anyone have any info on this command? I can only find reference to EQ 2
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You'll still show in /who. It just means you won't show up at the top of the friend's list.
  12. Kase Augur

Mehhh... not a huge big deal to me
  13. Chauliodus New Member

Jokes on that person right now because cross server channels are broken right now and only function with one way chat, meaning you can see their spam on your server, but they can't see anything being said in the channel from Bertox where they joined from.
  14. Angahran Augur

I guess breaking the cross server channels is one fix for cross serve spam :(
  15. Sheebea Augur

Thanks for the info. Been hitting the player spam report everytime now. Hopefully the Derv's will get tired of my spam and do something about the annoyance.