Shards of Time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arborer, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Arborer Lorekeeper

Anyone from my old guild on Saryrn still playing? It's been a long time now. Recently I happened to stumble on some old forum logs on a computer I was recycling. Boy we had some active and intense forum discussions back then. The Biden-Trump debate kinda reminded me! Post here if you're still playing in some form.

Sippin 115 druid
    Claere 115 enchanter
    Firionia Vie server
    Lytel63 likes this.
  2. Windance Augur

That name is vaguely familiar. I might have been in Shards. This would have been around the time Planes of Power was released if I remember correctly.
  3. Arborer Lorekeeper

Shards went back before that. I can remember working on Vex Thal flagging with guildies. And we lasted into post-PoP. I have vivid memories of raids into SoF. I think the guild imploded at SoD. At one point we were close to collapsing and we were able to negotiate a merger with another guild with which we were always competing to get to Aten Ha Ra. I made a magician just to camp him as far into the zone as possible so we could CoHero the raid to that point and get a jump on the other guild. I can't remember the other guild's name but I do remember we convinced them to merge INTO SoT and everyone would carry our name.

Good times, long ago, wish I had kept more notes...

There used to be a couple of raid videos on YouTube involving SoT but they seem to be gone now. The guild leader was a wizard Moordak, and the main tank was a dwarf warrior, Deurgeran, IIRC. They knew each other IRL as well as a shaman and a rogue, names escape me atm. Lost in the haze.... of time...
  4. Chopin.Xegony Augur

I was in Shards of Time back during Seeds of Destruction. They got absorbed into Dark Bane a few months after I join them.
  5. Arborer Lorekeeper

Yes, I remember Dark Bane. Before that SoT effectively absorbed Knights of Omen, which was a rival guild during the Luclin era. The two guilds would be racing thru Vex Thal, taking different paths, to see who could advance toward Aten Ha Ra the fastest. Then both guilds starting to suffer member losses so it got to the point where neither could summon adequate raid forces.

I was involved in negotiating the merger and I remember we had guildies who objected strongly to merging with another guild. Despite the fact that we were having to cancel scheduled raids for lack of attendance. It's funny how some people can't see the forest for the trees. The merger brought life back to the guild and we raided successfully for a number of years after that. I'm sure going to Dark Bane followed another period of member attrition but I had left and transferred to Firionia Vie server by then...
  6. Arborer Lorekeeper

Wow, no other veterans of Shards of Time still around?! That makes me feel old lol. Any from Knights of Omen who remember the merger? The two guilds had a real intense rivalry before we put aside our differences and merged our memberships. I still remember a few cantankerous members of Shards who weren't happy about the merger. Mostly grouchy one-eyed drunken dorfs but we couldn't lose our clerics!