Froststone Teleport in Dwarf Heritage Crate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So lootboxes are free? /smdh

If you are going to take that stance it is pointless debating with you on this, you have your entrenched belief irrespective of the facts.

Have a nice day.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is not even remotely the same thing. /sigh
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What?

You like miss the point so badly here I'm not even sure why you posted except to express your xenophobic bs.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sure it is. You pay to play against numerous RNGs. You buy a loot box, you pay to play against a single RNG. Either way, you are playing against a RNG.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Mazame Augur

I would disagree. With stamp collecting the stamps are sold for a period of time and that what makes them hard to find. But when you buy the stamps your not buying a random pack that has random stamps. There are not "Rare, Uncommon, common Etc" stamps that you have to buy 100+ packs to find what your looking for.

"football cards" on the other hand are sold in random packs of random players. The cards that have a limited print and are hard to get are the ones that are worth the most money. Because you buy a random pack with random cards. you are more like the loot box then you are like a stamp or coin collector.

As for being "regulated by the gambling authorities in each country" This is something that should NEVER happen. people need to learn to think for them self. if you don't want to risk your money on X item because you don't feel it worth the value then DON't BUY IT. It that simple. People buy things because it has value for them. people Gamble because they enjoy the rush. At no point should governments be making the choice on how we spend our time or money. If people can't learn to control them selves then they should seek help. A government telling how to live our life and how to spend our money is NOT a control I want them to have.
  6. Sindace Elder

Crates do not impact gameplay in the slightest. There's no rewards that improve your character. It's hard to be considered gambling at all, unless your definition of gambling is so skewed that any game of chance can be considered gambling. You might get your named, or you might get a PH, you legitimately just gambled your time away. Didn't get what you were after? Go on the forums and complain!

Furthermore, the crate prizes are all reasonably cheap and can be purchased rather easily for pp/krono. I can't see someone paying hundreds of dollars for crates when you can buy most non-ice giant illusions for a few kronos.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Out of curiosity, why would the Ice Giant Façade go for more than other illusions? Was it just that rare?
  8. Sindace Elder

Not any more rare, just the best of the crate illusions hands down. Most crate illusions are a bit meh. Collectable for sure, but nothing to write home about.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

our society is doomed .. proof is in the puddin .. 2 words

Pet Rock!!
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea if the illusion or mount is cool looking it will go for alot of pp or krono's. wish i would of kept the ice giant illusion now. I did get a hold of the halasian battle bear bridle its pretty cool.

Andarriel
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, no one has at any point, aside from you in that post, said that loot boxes are free. What explicitly was said in the post which you snipped out all context. Is that you are 100% guaranteed to get items. When you gamble, you are not guaranteed to get anything and are more likely to get nothing for your investment. That is never the case for loot boxes. Using the logic you put forward, then any video game that uses any kind of RNG to determine the distribution of items and loot within the game is just as much gambling, because you are never told the drop rates for all items in detail ahead of time, and you have no guarantee to ever get any of the items that you wish to obtain.

I am the one using the facts, you are the one using your beliefs. There is nothing that I have said that is based on beliefs, just on the actual legal definitions of the words used and accurate descriptions of the differences between any form of actual gambling & lootboxes, such as the fact that you always something with the purchase of the loot box.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Japan has tackled this much better that the US or EU:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gacha_game

Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

wager

noun
    Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

wa·​ger | \ ˈwā-jər \
    Definition of wager

(Entry 1 of 2)
    1a: something (such as a sum of money) risked on an uncertain event : STAKE
    b: something on which bets are laid : GAMBLEdo a stunt as a wager
    Bobokin likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Loot boxes are indeed gambling and should be regulated as such. The truth is out of the bag and even EA has admitted as much.
  15. Tappin Augur

This statement is dumb. They aren’t remotely the same thing.
  16. German Augur

The items all have the same exact value, nothing. You're not getting a chance to get something or nothing, you're getting something you may or may not like but you get the same number of items.

The price people are willing to pay for these oddball items is completely market driven and doesn't dictate that value.

By the way, they have lawyers, they don't need us armchair lawyers telling how it is.

Back to the original intent of the thread....I like the little portals cause you can keep them in your bag and use once a day as well.
    Zamiam and Sindace like this.
  17. German Augur

Unless that box gave free game play or real money that's a stretch. It doesnt give the "lucky winner" as people are claiming anything, its the nuts who are willing to pay 25kr for the first to have some pixels that make you look different that put any value on them, and that is not gambling thats just someone has more pixels than you and wants to trade. .
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I stopped reading after it said children. Im sorry but children dont play eq.

Andarriel
  19. Tappin Augur

It’s not a stretch at all. It is gambling period. Just cause the law hasn’t caught up doesn’t mean anything. You don’t have to agree with me, but just look at Europe.
  20. Tappin Augur

It’s easier to gather support for a law that involves children, but that doesn’t mean others can’t be hurt.