Hadden (and respecting camps)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EchoFreya, Sep 29, 2020.

1. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Then I welcome any punitive action against me that is deemed necessary in this case by bringing this issue to light, but that is not for you to decide.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

What issue are you bringing to light? That people don't recognize camps? You're not telling anyone anything new there..
    Skuz likes this.
  3. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

I am confident that by now I have sufficiently made my point clear in this thread. If you have to ask this question you either haven't read all of my posts in this thread, or you are deliberately baiting me. Considering the tone of your posts in this thread I suspect it is the latter, but I am not about to make an assumption.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Go away! Baitin!
  5. bardybard Augur

Please, for the love of sweet baby jesus, do not pay them anything.
    Go back to p99 where you can play LawyerQuest to your hearts content and stop with your incessant whining here.
  6. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Still don't understand the problem some people here have with P99. What happened, did you get banned over there?
    Elskidor likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

I agree that someone is being dense. By the time you're high enough level to do any of those raids or epic tasks, there will be several classes who have it as a spell, and several more who can use a vendor-bought item with the ability. I stand by my claim that swimming skill is sufficient in the meantime.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure, but I believe the swimming cap at level 50 is 250, which is good for approx. 15 minutes underwater without going to the surface to breathe. EB is good for max. 27 minutes underwater. Faerune is a bit longer than that. So, since you've challenged me on this, please offer one specific example of solo or single-group content up to level 50 where the difference between 15 min. and 27 min. actually matters.

Now I will agree that in-era, swimming had a lower cap, so the time difference was more consequential. TLPs have not reverted to that restriction, however.
  8. Captain Video Augur

9. bardybard Augur

Fairly certain its not 15 minutes at 250 swimming skill, but regardless.
    Phinny has AoE frontal cone dispell. Need to have either a bard to re-apply EB, a ridiculous amount of summoned mage stones or keep reapplying EB on tank over and over.
    Even in DZs which puts you right at his kill spot, it takes about 30 minutes to clear seahorse guards and Phinny with a single group at 50+
    EchoFreya likes this.
  10. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Uh, no. Not even for an Iksar.

Kedge Keep could be a great place to solo, or group. Pretty sure if you're up for a grindfest you'll want to go for more than a half hour, and some EB spells can't be re-cast in there (e.g., DMF).

The first easy target raid mob is Phinny (doable by a good group at 60)... but between your miscalculation of 15 minutes and his dispel, you're likely going to be dead unless you are particularly skilled at clicking waterstones in time. I play on Rizlona... we box there. If Phinny's positioning isn't perfect, good luck with that without an EB item equipped.
  11. Stix Man Elder

just a tiny correction... phinny dispell is not an aoe cone. phinny procs dispell. so it only hits the tank and anyone who is meleeing from the front and gets a proc off riposte.

doesnt matter to this point but i had to correct that info :)
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. Stix Man Elder

i want to know how many AA you have into enduring breath with your 15 minute of natural breathing.

I have never timed it but I can't imagine anyone in kunark is getting more than a few minutes of breath. Even a few minutes seems like a lot. But, again, I have never timed it. If I had to bet, I would say 2 minutes even sounds like a long time.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

Phinny is level 53, and is also part of several epic chains, so I kind of figured that when I said "up to level 50" and not part of raids or epic tasks, people would take that literally. From my limited experience, he's most commonly done with pets anyway. He can theoretically be done with melee and no EB, you just have to tag team him to hold aggro while anyone dispelled goes to the surface to reset (assuming their swimming skill is maxed). Because he's above 50, I discount him as a good example, since as I said before, by then EB is readily available to all.
  14. bardybard Augur

Dude... just stop.
    It is becoming obvious you do not play on TLPs at all.
    A mob with MOTM done with pets????!!! What kind of good are you smoking?
    Swim to the surface? You mean zone out/zone in via the AoC? That sounds ridiculous.
    If you mean actually swim to the zone? That sounds even more ridiculous
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Ruhi Augur

phinny has motm, pets can't tank him....

there's a place to surface in the phinny area? that's a new one to me.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  16. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

The only thing good about Hadden is that you can very easily make a level 1 with his name and maybe a letter or two at the end and set off most people's SEQ and/or bots to chain nuke your lowbie. Bonus points if you make a macro with his hail lore.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm not trying to bait you into anything, the point I've gathered from your post is you're upset someone didn't respect the camp you claimed. The point most others in this post are trying to make is that is how the game is now. Officially.

The "problem" people have with P99 is that it has 1 set of rules and players from there come to TLP and expect that TLP have the same set of rules (they don't), then complain about why the rules aren't the same.

The surface of what? The entire zone is under water..you want people to swim out to the next zone and surface for air mid fight? What do pets have to do with this? This entire thread is ridiculous lol.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Please stop engaging him, it's what he wants.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I said it in another thread, but it's true here too. Captain Video is a well polished troll. There is absolutely no way someone who actually plays EQ truly believes the constant stream of misinformation he spouts in every thread. I honestly give him credit, he flew under my troll radar for a good few months before I figured it out.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

For the last time, this example is a snapshot of the bigger issue at hand: disrespectful, antisocial people feeling like they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, at other people's expense, because they are confident that nobody is going to do anything about it.

P99s ruleset is quite similar to the PNP policy when I played on live (Launch to 2004). I have experience in both environments, and that is what I am familiar with. I've read the policies here, and they are similar. The problem as I see it, is nobody does anything to prevent/deter/stop it from happening, so the antisocial types keep on keepin' on.

Do I expect people to be civil to one another, have the amount of respect that most school-aged children are capable of, and not go out of their way to ruin someone else's day? Yep I sure do.

Do I expect that I will be forced to contend with a half hour's worth of of non-stop harassment, followed by an 'evening of the score' follow up attack the next day, despite the existence of rulesets which clearly frown on this kind of behaviour? Nope, I sure don't.

Am I surprised when things like this happen, and nothing is done about it, which ensures repeat performances by individuals who enjoy committing these offences? You bet I am!

Since coming here last April, I've run into dozens of experiences just like this one (and worse). I've read about even more on this very forum (some of which are horror stories, like the Natashia/Bergurgle ring fiasco), heard about others' experiences in guild chat, and I'm completely fed up with this behaviour and the normalization of it. People are either apathetic towards it, or they have joined the club. I have run out of patience for people who KS (oops, DPS race), disrespect camps, steal quest turn-in mobs, grief, harass, all of which falls under their vocalized veil of protection: "nobody is going to do anything about it, so deal with it"!

Consider this a plea to the powers at be to reconsider their (lack of) enforcement of their own policies. If money is the issue, bring on a volunteer staff (this worked well back in the day, and P99's staff is comprised of them).

I do still enjoy playing here, because the good experiences outweigh the bad, but that won't be for much longer if this kind of thing is allowed to continue unabated. It's unhealthy, literally.

You want to call me out for these expectations, knock your socks off. I'm not about to change my perspective, and I'm quite certain I'm not alone in my stance.
    Elskidor likes this.