kronos question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cadres, Oct 1, 2020.

1. cadres Augur

After many years in EQ I finally got my first kronos.
    I have a couple of questions I've not been able to answer via search or friends...

If i have, say, 4 months to run on a sub, can I use the krono now to make it a 5 month sub or will the krono just disappear?
    If I have no time left, can I use, say, 3 x krono to have 3 months playtime or, again, would 2 disappear?
    Does using krono in any way mess with a 'normal' (ie 1 year) sub - eg the rate charged?
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

https://www.everquest.com/krono#faq-12

Third bullet from the bottom of that page should answer most of your questions.

Consuming a Krono extends your game time or time until your subscription lapses by 30 days. Each Krono consumed should add 30 days game time.

It shouldn’t impact your billing rate, especially because when you pay for an annual sub you do so upfront in a bulk payment, ie you get ~365 days upfront. You’re not paying $10 monthly, you’re paying the $120 once a year for 365 days game time. I don’t remember if it changes when you’re charged next if you’re on a recurring plan.
    cadres likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It puts the time in there in addition to what you already have when you consume the krono.

So if you have 4 months left and consume a Krono then you will have 5 months.

If you have no time and consume 3 at a time then you will have 3 months All access.

Consuming only adds time to what you have it does not change the rate. A one year sub is $119 for 12 months. So if you consume a Krono you will have 13 months. And you would be billed on the 13th month again if you are recurring yearly but the following year it would be at the end of 12 months again unless you eat more Krono.

However consuming 12 Krono for a year up front will not give you the $119 rate. You will pay whatever the Krono rate is.

If you just let the Krono sit in the Krono spot on your inventory screen then it does nothing.
    KermittheFroglok and cadres like this.
  4. cadres Augur

Many thanks both
    Yes the page linked seemed to suggest that, but I'd been told otherwise (by an unreliable source, heh)
    Much appreciated
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'm not sure what you're saying here... If you're subbed to the yearly plan ($119), and you consume Krono - no matter how many, it's not going to change your rate. Once you run out of time that you used on the Krono you just get billed the rate that you're subbed to (in this example, the $119 for another year)... there is no "Krono rate" once you stop using Krono and go back to using a credit card to pay.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That's what I said. "Consuming only adds time to what you have it does not change the rate"

When I referenced "krono rate" in the last sentence it should be interpreted to mean you will pay for 12 krono at $17.99 ($215) not the yearly rate for credit cards which is $119
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ummmm, ok captain bold. Of course it doesn't affect the rate you BUY Krono. The OP didn't BUY Krono, he got the in game. The question was about using Krono affecting the sub rate - IE: Changing your sub to monthly or something to that effect...
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

9. KermittheFroglok Augur

Not sure I see the issue. CatsPaws interpreted the OPs question differently and gave extra [accurate] info, no big deal. I think he/she is trying to stress there is no real benefit to consuming a lot of Krono at once.

To digress, as CatsPaws pointed out there’s no Krono to dollar conversion, so it’s literally just a time claim. Claiming in Krono in bulk offers no benefit.