You are loosin business.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 24, 2020.

1. cadres Augur

They removed it because people complained it was not perfectly accurate (certainly if you stayed logged in for a few days it became inaccurate)
    The actual DBG site is all kinds of hell to access - my bank is easier and quicker to get into and use. And it just makes sense to have it in-game so you can get the info all the time you're actually in EQ (vs doing something else)

If adding the information to the inventory window is not tenable for some reason, it would seem not difficult to add it to the tab mentioned earlier in this thread - as this already shows the information when there's less than a month on any given account. Or in the marketplace window which clearly accesses subscription information
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it takes over an hour to log into a website there are other issues going on
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why exactly would they have removed the feature as it was clearly useful if it wasn't difficult to fix? They even posted as much in the patch that removed it stating that it was due to the difficulty in fixing it and ensuring its accuracy.
  4. Tappin Augur

You don’t have to log into the website. Just run the patcher and click the down arrow by My Allaccess once a month.
    German likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That just shows when you can next claim station cash or when the account will expire but not both. If you want to know when it will expire and it is six months off that will not work.
  6. cadres Augur

I don't think you're reading the thread. This only shows time left if you have less than a month.
  7. cadres Augur

Ensuring its accuracy,. yes, because people complained about it not being 100% accurate. I, personally, don't care, probably because I don't use (or understand) kronos.
    So I don't get why they took something that was massively useful to many because a handful of folk complained about it
    I didn't say it wasn't difficult to fix - ie make it 100% accurate. I said it wasn't difficult to put back in its imperfect state

If everything in EQ that was slightly bugged/off/not perfect got removed, I don't think we'd have a whole heap of EQ left..........
  8. Broozer Augur

So they should tightin business?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They took it away because it was showing incorrect information and decided it was better to not have it at all. I am not sure why you want something to display that wasn't always accurate. Are you saying that people complaining about giving them bad data are not as justified in their complaints as people who are complaining about it not being there?
  10. cadres Augur

It was accurate within a day or two - it became less accurate (it seemed to me) the longer you were logged in. It left me in no doubt whatsoever whether the account I was on was due for renewal in the next few days or weeks or had many months left. That, for me, is all I need and a gazillion times better than no information at all.

Currently, I am trying to train myself to check the patcher every time I log in to see if the account is due within the next month. That seems a poor sub for having a reasonably-accurate actual number of days in front of my nose all the time I'm logged in.
  11. German Augur

Why not just put it on a calendar reminder like many people do for other bills they have to pay? If it wasn't accurate before and its hard to track without it I'd just put in a 30 day rolling reminder, especially if it were multiple accounts so I didn't get stung with it.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

See, if everyone just gave Daybreak ten thousand dollars for subscriptions in advance, you'd never have to worry about running out of time on your account. Easy!
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Or like 300 or 400 for the lifetime subscription when it was offered!! I'm still regretting not getting that for at least my main account when it was offered. Bad timing for me though, it was right around x-mas and I just couldn't justify spending it on myself at the time.