Request: Capped tradeskill alert

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Diptera, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Diptera Augur

I'm not the smartest gnome in the factory, and just wasted an embarrassing number of Tailoring combines without a skillup before I realised I needed to buy another rank of New Tanaan Crafting Mastery.
    (In what little defence I can offer, my skill was showing as 210, so I thought I was already over the cap, not realising that was a modded 200. Also, it's well-know that the RNG hates people, gnomes more than most.)
    In the same way there is a message that we can no longer get skillups from a trivial item, could we get a message that triggers on a combine when you *would* have gotten a skillup, but couldn't because you were already at the cap?
    Zamiam, Duder, Aanuvane and 1 other person like this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

... Looking at the Skills page tells you your current modified skill / current skill cap, so I would it would be simpler to just ask them to add the current skill cap to the TS UI. I also thought that when you are at the cap it tells you that you cannot increase your skill anymore without doing something. Had you bought the TS Mastery AAs (or at least more than just the first 3) before getting 300?

Actually... are you on a TLP server? I ask because the cap should be 250 for the 2nd-7th skills that you get before buying ranks of Tanaan TS AAs.
  3. Zamiam Augur

you can only lvl 1 TS past the specialization cap of 200 .. Then any of the other 6 main TS's you need the Tanaan TS aa's to raise to 250 then that specific TS's AA beyond rank 3 to increase further from 250 - 350
  4. Diptera Augur

I'm on Live, and was already on 4/6 of the New Tanaan Crafting Mastery, but had already raised other tradeskills past the spec cap. As soon as I bought another rank, I was able to keep skilling up my Tailoring.
    The game is working exactly as it should, there's no problem there; I was just asking for an informational message to help stop any other equally stupid gnomes from making the same mistake I did :)
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What AA gets you from 250 to 300? As far as I know there is just 3 ranks of an AA for each skill to reduce the chance of failure and 10 ranks to increase the cap from 300 to 350 5 points at a time.
  6. Zamiam Augur

I'm not sure what brings it up to the 300 from 250 , but all my TS's that are still 50 skill lvl and my New Tannan crafting mastery AA's are all maxed 6/6 .. and on my skills window all my TS's say 54/300 or 300/300 .. my jewel crafting which is the farthest ive gone is 300/320 and I have 07/13 of the Jewel crafting mastery completed ..

Maybe when the devs raised the cap from 300 to 350 they changed it and just didnt adjust the wording in the AA window ?

I dont know ..even on an alt toon with no TS done and NO aa's in TS's on her skills page all the tradeskills say 25/300 or 0/300 ... so i dont know if its showing the hard cap and there is a hidden soft cap and thats what the AA's are for I have not tried increasing a TS on my alt to past 200 without any AA's ..
    might try that this weekend and see what happens ..

If you find out the conundrum let me know thx ..
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think it was when they raised the cap from 250 to 300 and there never was an AA to raise it from 250 to 300. Looking on EQ Traders and it talks about tradeskill caps and never mentions 250

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g179&menustr=030000000000

Q: What are the skill maximums (or 'caps') for tradeskills?
    A: All of the tradeskills may be raised to the skill level of 200. You may have one of your tradeskills raised to the skill level of 300. There are exceptions for race-specific and class-specific tradeskills.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Zamiam like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer