Best way to obtain new Power Sources?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

I agree, on a part time playing basis it should only take you few months to reach 300 in every TS .. if you got the pp and are a full time or hard core player then getting them all 300 within few weeks or 1 month is pretty easy to do ..

but getting all those TS to 300 in few weeks will kill your drive for TSing .. I suggest taking it nice and slow ..
  2. Zarzac Augur

I like the ToV method best. These are for the "check every box" crowd and should be a multiple step process to obtain.
    Duder and Mazame like this.
  3. Fian Augur

I think I like TDS (PS drops predicted by zone) best, but I believe you also need a crafted PS for those that have a hard time farming. TOV PS will serve that need for many expansions to come.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I'm a big fan of the crafting. Do the quest once. Can make the PS's.
    Also lets crafters sell them in bazaar so even those without the quest can use them.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I really liked the earring quest line. I did it x2 for my main and my pseudo-main... right up to and including the raid piece. I did so without playing 24/7 or really crushing my soul, but it WAS involved and did take some time. Besides the powersources, you end up with the best earring in the game, a great aug, and lots of TS time. All in all, I loved it and would like to see something like this in the next expansion.

Now, with that said, I'd like to actually be available when the expansion goes live. This "saving" or "delaying" content thing sucks.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Well, sort of.

TBS=> SoF they were purchased with Orux.

SoD+ they became craftable (Mats from SoD & UF added a recip so you didn't have to farm dusts from SoD)

But yeah.. That's, by far, the best method so far.

I'd like to see it combined a bit more:

Raid PS's via trash-dropped currency.
    Group PS's via quest reward currency.
    Crafted (both Raid and group PS's, with Raid level requiring x# of events cleared to use)
    The have "unique" ones, that are arguably "better" that are rare bonus loot from chests in missions w/ lockout. (This is to prevent just having AFK bot farms at named spots)
  7. Ibudin Augur

It just doesn't get any better than, tradeable, hand crafted little nuggets of power.
  8. p2aa Augur

Starting from a Velium Protector Source (Tank ToV PS) at 0 % (the baseline I wear all time when not fighting or doing group content trash mob).
    Tank TDS PS = + 8 958 HP, + 185 AC (yeah I have one TDS PS rotting still )
    Tank RoS PS versus Tank TDS PS = + 2 950 HP, + 91 AC
    Tank ToV PS versus Tank RoS PS = + 5 104 HP, + 113 AC

To answer to the OP, I prefer the crafted method of ToV. I don't like the too much randomness of killing.
    I just wish that there would not be the restrictions to have to use a gnome, a rogue and a shaman.
    Would be better if this could be indeed done by all with no class / race restriction.