Make the rare spawn boost permanent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

DPG, I beg you, restore the rare spawn boost you had earlier this month and make it permanent. I have so many missions to do of genuine challenge (whoever came up with the CC partisan is a sadist) and I really don't have time to spend 6 hours camping a named for an aug only to get bupkis. This game should be about challenges, not absurd time sinks.

Not asking anything else, just the frequency. I had to kill the monstrous succulent 9x before I got the aug. Not amused but at least it did spawn unlike now.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

3. Cicelee Augur

This game has always been about the time sink. Maybe this is not the game for you?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Duder and Tiffany like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In addition to the time sink you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you finally get that rare spawn. If it were just given to players then it wouldn't be any fun to say "GOT IT!!!"

This is why epics have so many time sinks - to prepare you for the rest of the game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  5. Sobmre Augur

when you do that dev's please rename the game to EZquest or wow
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

We're not all wired the same. To me, it's definitely NOT a feeling of accomplishment. That would result from a tough fight that I have to figure out how to win, or solve a puzzle to get it to spawn, something like that.

Simply being required to sit on my @$$ hoping for a lucky roll of the dice? Not so much.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Lilura Augur

Yup exactly the responses I expected.
  8. Mediik Augur

I just don't hunt named unless there's a double spawn weekend. The only real purpose they serve these days is to dole out the tier1 gear for the expansion (which is much easier to get through missions anyhoo) and for hunter achievements. The whole nastalgia behind sitting around and waiting to get that named for a piece of gear wore off years ago when they moved to the missions model. The best group stuff is player made anyway which you can acquire the dropped component for much easier and with far less timesink in a mission.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

So why bother making the thread in the first place?
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No. No. Let me think about it.....No.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. German Augur

So is the drop rate too low for the aug or was it 9 spawn cycles before you got the named? If you found a named 9 times in six hour a session that isn't rare.
  12. Dibab Augur

what else would you expect. For literal decades we have camped spawned, sat for hours and we dealt with it. We dont make a post begging for things to be handed to us. Want a silver platter? go to another mmo
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I do hunter's all the time and there are always some that are rare or sometimes ultra rare it seems but i dont want easy mode so i say no thanks. I dont do hunter's for gear or drops i do for achievements.

Andarriel
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sindace like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

I have never finished a hunters till TOV I still have Velks and Kael to go and dread Kael. The gear is worthless but its damn near impossible to gear all my toons with rk2 spells because the glowing never drop ffs. I trib armor constantly but the spells are eluding me.
  15. German Augur

Yeah that Glowing Rune is crazy rare. Found out that the minors stack to 20 the other day and only had 1 glowing.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

If you expected the responses you got, then complaining about it is foolish. Some things and some spawns should be rare else getting them becomes trivial and meaningless.
    Dibab, Duder and Sindace like this.
  17. Sindace Elder

Glowing runes drop a lot more commonly in T2. I had 6 by the time the lesser runes stacked to 20. Not many were gained in T1, few and far between.

As far as bumping named spawn rates...hard pass. Hit the bonus periods harder.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Dibab Augur

I knew id seen another post somewhere wanting more handed to a player..funny its you also

seriously find another mmo if all you want to do is complain things are "taking too long" or "ridiculous"
  19. Zamiam Augur

they need to up the Glowing's drop rate a tad more ... the expansion's been out almost a year and usually can find many traders with stacks and stacks of the spell runes , well not with the glowing in this expansion on my server only 1 or 2 traders have them and they want like 500k each .. and even they only got like 3 or 4 of them not a stack ..
  20. Hamwaja New Member

Are you sure you have the right mob? There are only two cacticii and one has a crappy aug on it. I can make you some augs for free if you have the items - I still need some skillups for trophy or Artizans Prize on a couple of toons if you are on my server - always like to help.But if you make a couple of friendly lines in the general chat, then I am sure that more are helping you out if you lack on tradeskills.

There is one monstrosity in RoS but (Overthere) but it is for a quest. I am puzzled, which drop it should have? I have done Hunter in RoS/TBL/ToV and it needs a bit time but Alha/EQresource have all PHs including the spawn-spots (except perhaps one or two). What is really nasty are the named in the later expansions. nearly 50 tries on one named in EoK/Scorched Woods and a couple of years for Vaniki (gave up and only went in with a tracker from time to time) - that should be changed - only worth might be the Hunter Achievement, no real worth except an evolvement item (PoP Hunter). That is really out of whack and only a time sink. But that business model has kept EQ alive for quite a bit. Even these time sinks have nothing to do with gaming but more with the underlying principle of Google/Facebook and all other social medias to catch the user for a maximum of time on the screen, so that others can earn their money with it (so I am with you). Check "the social dilemma with social media" on Netflix for it, then you get extensive knowledge why that works so well.

If so much time is involved then it should give extraordinary loot/gear etc, not a crappy tag in the Achievement Window and perhaps 15AA.

@Addon:
    Correction, have seen Grotesque Needle with an augment which is called Ornament. The mob can be nasty sometimes without good firepower or a solid strat...

@Zamiam:
    The Glowing has indeed a crappy drop. Perhaps they drop in the last T2 mission (Kael) more often but I cannot do it, it needs endless times of wipes (worst mission). I would be happy if they increase that too.