In Anguish Over Anguish

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lockdown, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Lockdown Elder

Would it be too much to ask to remove the 6 character requirement from the Citadel of Anguish?

It seems kind of silly to have it, in light of the fact that the average 115th level character could lay waste to the entire zone, including Overlord Mata Muram.

I just wanted to get my Globe of Discordant Energy so I can finish my 2.0. And you're telling me I have to get five people willing to group with me just for this?

If OMM is that concerned, just tell him I have no intention of attacking him. Just want the GoDE. Will happy traipse my way out there as soon as I get it.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Yeah...nope
  3. Cadira Augur

Although it's very easy to find 5 random people to request a dz...I don't kinda feel like it's pointless to require 6 people to grab any old raid dz. Should be removed imo. If I want to try and solo a current day or old raid event then why the hell can't I try? Worst that happens is I get one rounded or go in solo an old dz for gode etc. I'll just go in myself anyways even with 5 people in the dz
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

You can use offline players to fulfill the requirement. Just fill a group with alts (level is irrelevant . . . so make a free account with five level one characters if you have to).
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This guy gets it
    Dibab and minimind like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, I use 5 separate accounts cause its easier to do the raid invite. Before that when they were all on one account I would log in one guy, do the invite then log him off then log in #2 - do the invite and log him off and then #3 etc.

They do not need to be in the zone or even in the game.

Still looking for simple way like this to do Deathknell:D
  7. Mazame Augur

The point is the 6 ppl requirement is by passes a number of ways so why not just remove it. making people jump threw hoops is just more of an annoyance then anything else.

it like SoD tower raid. I can solo it but the fact I have to take 6 ppl into the zone just to trigger the 2nd event make it not worth the effort we I wanted to go back
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

you cant do deathkneel boxing, you'll need at least 3-4 live people

event 2 is horrible
    Wyre Wintermute and minimind like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually I do box it. Just for the horses which is just the first one. But it is kinda ruff ;)
  10. Annastasya Augur

if you can't make 5 friends in Everquest... you're going to have a bad time.

Also, just make a free account and fill your group with bots. Log them on and invite and then log back off without leaving the group. Do this one at a time until you have a full group, then get your instance.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I don't think you can do 5 offlines for Anguish, unless they changed something recently you HAVE to be in a raid format when clicking the door in order for the DZ to pop up, and offlines cant be in a raid.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

As others have said there are plenty of easy workarounds to get your DZ going. That said, the 6 player minimum for DZ's is a silly arbitrary restriction that is a mild inconvenience to players and does absolutely nothing beneficial for anyone. All instances should be requestable with one player if they so desire. If the player will receive a lockout upon requesting (such as with an Agent of Change instance) there should simply be a pop-up warning confirming the lockout with a Yes/No confirmation box.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Incorrect, used offline characters in non-raid format to request Anguish on Mangler yesterday.
    Bobbybick and CatsPaws like this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've never really understood the 6 person requirement at all... not like someone can do current raids with 2 people or even 6. So why the requirement at all?
    Xyroff-cazic., cadres and Mazame like this.
  15. Celephane Augur

Tacvi is like that, but not Anguish. I've been using 5 offline characters for years now.
  16. Allayna Augur

They won’t change the requirements because they’d have to actually split the requirements for TLP and live.
  17. Mazame Augur

This has nothing to do with the # of friends some one can make or not make. Just because I have friends in EQ doesn't mean they are 1) on at the time I want to do old content. 2) doesn't mean they want to spend their time when they are online doing old content.

Heroic Journey is a /ach that requires one to enter a number of old raids. So far I only found 3 events on it that I not been able to solo. Making it required for people to have X # of people to do stuff that can be solo is what we are talking about.

Keep in mind you don't need friends to make 6 accounts so that you can add toons and then request raids. So what the OP was asking is because the 6 ppl requirement is not realy a requirement but more of an annoyance to have to make 5 extra toons just to request a raid to then just solo why not just remove the 6 man requirement.
  18. Allayna Augur

I’d like to clarify, I’m all for it, along with adding AoC to live for all raid targets. There are a lot of raids with janky requirements. I believe HoT expansion raids still require progression to zone in. Other raids not only require 6 to request but require them to zone in, I think DoN has a progression raid with that requirement. Still others require that you have 6 toons standing at the chest at the end, OMM monster mission raids have that requirement.

I’d be for some standardization of raid requirements but it would require splitting the requirements for live and TLP as I mentioned earlier.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Why would live/TLP need different requirements for requesting Anguish? Is there some reason a player on TLP can't have the same access to request it with a single player?
  20. Lockdown Elder

I got my GoDE today. I'm a returning player and I tapped a very old friend and he and a handful of guildies helped me.

It doesn't change the fact that I think the restriction is silly. But it's probably just as well that I didn't get in on my own. As a 78 level Enchanter with no healer, I probably wouldn't have stood up very well to the mini-bosses who could have given me my GoDE.
    Annastasya likes this.