/ Slash commands for Campfires?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Sep 28, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Often when you're in a bad situation you want to quickly drop a campfire in case you wipe, and rather than ctrl alt F and place a new campfire, i was wondering if there is a / command that you could easily turn into a hotbutton?

Or if not, is there any faster/easier way than ctrl alt F?

Thanks!
  2. Nukester Journeyman

Put one down before you start pulling.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, "/ and burn" doesn't work?

;)
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Dibab Augur

this
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

What about when you're running through invis and EQ happens?!
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Fellowships weren't designed for that style of play. Theyr'e teleport locations for you and your friends, not for emergency corpse recovering or evaccing or whatever you have mind.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's considered a "pull". Drop a campfire BEFORE you pull ;)
    Dibab, Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

Hopefully the OP understands how campfires work now.

To add, you can get buffs from campfires, which is one more reason to drop it before you pull or start fighting...
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Whenever I go to drop my campfire, I have to click refresh to see it, then I can drop it. It's not a big deal, but it is an extra step that I'd rather not take. Why does this happen?

No campfire in world. List is blank. Click refresh. Campfire on list. Click campfire. Click drop.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The reason is pretty simple.

The list doesn't populate because it needs to do an inventory check to see if the other campfires are available for you to create. Until you need to drop a campfire, why do extra work?

The campfire interface is relatively old for EQ interfaces and I suspect there's some coding in there that could use a cleanup. It would probably make more sense for the interface to list all the campfires available and then error if you try to drop one that you don't have stuff for.

It's probably on the list of "things to cleanup eventually" but very low since it's purely a QoL issue and still works fine.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Vumad and Skuz like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Exactly what he said. It has to see if you have the right ingredients.

Because not everyone only uses the one default campfire. There is a box to the right of the refresh button that says show all and if you click that you will see a long list with the special buffs they will give to you.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you were running through the zone & "EQ happened" you have a fade ability for that situation.

Originally (TBS) there were dozens of different campfire stat buffs & you could only use one at a time but they rolled them all into the one some time back, making the empowered campfire much more beneficial but also raising the cost involved.

There's the freebie campfire - an empowered campfire for stats buffs & a bunch of illusion campfires, and only the freebie one doesn't require a storebought item to create.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The simple fix would be to ALWAYS show the default campfire. There are no conditions where that campfire wouldn't be available.

And then, the system would save CPU cycles by NOT needing to refresh the list, for all those who want the default campfire. I'm assuming that's 99% of all campfires, based on looking at the buffs offered when campfires were new (they were quite underwhelming), and the assumption that they haven't offered any upgrades since then (like all the other features which never get updated).
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just commenting on your assumption here.

The new campfire and guild banner effects are NICE. There's only one set of effects on each (the differences are illusions), but you get a multitude of bonuses from that set. Campfire materials are 1k each (guild banner are 10k). If you know you are going to fight somewhere for awhile, definitely worthwhile.

String from eqfile:
    This campsite will empower you and your friends, blessing them with Standard of Power.<br>This campsite requires Fellowship Campfire Materials to create.<br><br>Standard of Power offers the following benefits (which increase in effectiveness every 10 levels up to level 100):<br>Increases the base damage of your spells by 1-20%.<br>Increases the effectiveness of your instant-duration healing spells by 1-20%.<br>Reduces the mana cost of your spells by 1-10%.<br>Reduces the cast time of spells that have an initial cast time of at least 3 seconds by 10%.<br>Increases the duration of spells that have a duration of at least 24 seconds by 10%. Spells that grant invulnerability and combat abilities are exempt from this extension.<br>Increases your chance of performing a critical melee hit with all skills by up to 50%.<br>Increases your chance of performing a double attack by up to 10%.<br>Increases the accuracy of your melee and skill attacks by up to 10%.<br>Increases the chance of your dodge skill succeeding by up to 20%.<br>Increases the chance that your parry skill will succeed by up to 20%.<br>Increases your total and maximum strength, stamina, agility, dexterity, wisdom, intelligence, and charisma by up to 200 points.<br>Improves your total and maximum cold, corruption, disease, fire, magic, and poison resistances by up to 50 points.<br>Increases your maximum <c "#66CCFF">base health and base endurance (derived from your stamina) and base mana (derived from your intelligence/wisdom)</c> by 5%.<br>Increases your health regeneration by up to 100 points.<br>Increases your mana and endurance regeneration by up to 30 points.<br>Increases your melee attack speed by up to 36%.<br>Increases your attack power by up to 300 points.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice if you could move a campfire without destroying and creating a new one like you can just move a fancy guild banner without actually dropping another 10k.
  16. Jennre Band Leader

Ever been camping and built a campfire while 3 bears, 14 raccoons, and a rabid squirrel were attacking you?
    Sissruukk likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10k?
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thank, I didn't know they had made that change. Must have been on one of my many breaks when it came out.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes.

/shudder
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Do they stack with everything (crack, +damage effects, focus, etc.)?

I rejected the specialty campfires in TDS because they only lasted 30 minutes. There's nothing worse than evaccing and then finding out your campfire expired on you. They all last 6 hours now, right?