You are loosin business.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 24, 2020.

1. cadres Augur

No.
    It.
    Doesn't.
    As people have stated (for those who can be bothered to read what they're replying to)
    The launcher says nothing about account expiry date - or at least mine doesn't - on any account
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm all access subbed, when I open launcher & click on the top where it says My allaccess ^ clicking my mouse on the arrow at the end of allaccess shows the date that my membership expires, perhaps that isn't shown for those who use Krono.

[IMG]
  3. Tappin Augur

Mine does on all accounts and I pay with Krono. There’s a drop down menu by “Myallaccess.”
  4. Tappin Augur

It shows with Krono on all 4 of my accounts.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

When I double checked this, one of my accounts showed the expiration date and the other didn't. I think if you have a month or less of All Access it will show the expiration day. If you have more than a month of time left it does not. So, if you don't see an expiration date you probably have at least a month+ before it expires.
  6. cadres Augur

I *think* yours shows this because there's not much time on your membership?
    Mine doesn't show that at all - it just tells me my next DBG currency claim date
    (which is sort-of useful if this is correct, I just have to keep checking this tab on all the accounts until actual dates start showing, but massively unwieldy compared to the system they ditched)
    Do you have an acc with more than a month on it? If so, try looking at that - I suspect it will be the same as mine
    (I don't use krono)
  7. cadres Augur

Exactly. You pay with krono
    I don't
    So, as we seem to have worked out above, those of us with some amount of months left are not given any information
    Your apology for incorrectly insulting us is accepted
  8. Tappin Augur

It also shows with CC. It doesn’t show with multiple month subscription until the last month. So that is on you. No apologies necessary and none given.
    Flatchy likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have an account which was re-upped for a year fairly recently & that one shows just the date of next daybreak cash award so your theory seems to bear out.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless you are trying to plan out when your credit card will be charged next is there really a need to know when your subscription will expire multiple months in the future?
  11. cadres Augur

Exactly. This is what is being complained about. We used to be able to see '245 days left' . Now we don't. You accused folk of having a issues and being lazy for not clicking to see info that was readily available. It's not available.
  12. cadres Augur

In many situations, yes. The most paid accs anyone I know has is 12. There are several folks with 8/10. Very few are rich enough to not need to know about a hit of many accs going on their card.
    'Need' to know is arguable.
    We don't 'need' any of this stuff. I like to know where I am with my subs. I found it useful. I looked at it all the time.
    I don't know whether the OP is correct re losing business (they might well be), but it's yet another reason why taking this facility away without consulting anyone was not good

I'm thinking it can't be terribly difficult to put it back
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Its ok to be wrong ;}
    Celephane likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it wasn't that difficult why would they have removed it in the first place? Also if you are looking to know when your credit card will be charged next it would be best to look at the actual site that not only shows when the subscription expires but when the card has been charged in the past. That way you can get an idea of exactly when they will charge you not just a general idea.
  15. Tappin Augur

I am not wrong, people are just being lazy. You got more problems than this if you cannot spend 15 - 30 seconds to validate your time remaining. Also we don’t need 15 threads about this change. Save it for next live stream - at least then we can get official answers.
  16. Evertrek Augur

they need to suck it up and either go pay-to-play and add DLCs or expansions or go total sub/combo like WoW. drop this confusing slot/spell/space disaster created by smed... I want a clear and good reason to be paying for my entertainment, not because they need the cash or they have bigger issues to deal with other than the pay model. pay your way is confusing.

don't get me started on krono. i doubt many even use it to pay for subs now considering most of the neckbeard farmers have more krono than they could use in their life. at any time noone should own more than 2 krono imo, yet they sell 25 packs.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Preach Comrade!
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is still money that Daybreak is making as people need to buy them. If people have subscriptions but are not using krono that doesn't hurt Daybreak.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If they went back to the Pay-to Play model only, I'm sure quite a few players would lose access to accounts that they use but don't sub for. That would just cause an uproar from mad players. I think most people know by now, if you want to play end game or TLP's you need to be subbed. A ftp account just won't cut it there. I think most people ignore the "ftp upgrades" and go either straight ftp or subbed.

I think you would be surprised at how many people actually use krono's to pay for their subs. Most of those people also have multiple accounts, 2 krono's doesn't even cover a month for them. I personally sub 2-3 accounts with them at a time depending if I'm using the 3rd or not but always at least 2. I try and keep at least 4-6 krono's on hand to keep the accounts going. Some months I don't farm much to buy them with and others I'll try and get several to keep stocked up when I start getting low. It definitely seems like people are buying them to trade for ingame stuff faster than others are able to consume them though.
  20. cadres Augur

It's not seconds. Last time it took me over an hour for one account (hello captcha that folk outside America don't understand and anyone over 50 probably can't see). It's massively inconvenient when it used to take zero time
    I don't think wanting to spend hours every week logging into a clunky website, after working a 70 hour week (lazy?!) is unreasonable
    I know nothing of this live stream of which you speak, but is almost certainly something inaccessible