What they got right...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

Dev's take a lot of grief, so how about a thread that is just the reverse? A pat on the back?

What do you feel was a great addition / change to the game?

Here are some of mine:

--Tradeskill device recipe lists
    --Tradeskill device auto-combine
    --Achievements
    --Mercenaries
    --Housing / placeables
    --Key Rings
    --Maps
    --Inventory Find
    --/bazaar
    --Off-line traders
    --Guilds
    --Fellowships
    --Bags larger than 10 slots
    Andarriel and Windance like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Usually folks wait until Beta is in full swing before these threads start popping up.

Honestly, the only thing that matters is that they've kept the lights on (servers running). Everything else is window dressing.
    Whulfgar and Windance like this.
  3. Sobmre Augur

not sure its fair to give credit to darkpaw for things another team mostly created ?
    cadres likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Another team? Darkpaw peeps are Daybreak peeps are SOE peeps.
    Andarriel, Skuz, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

1. TS can be auto combined, reducing thousands of mouse clicks

2. Having missions, mercenary and partisan tasks give a lot of XP in TOV, rewarding players for playing all of the expansion and not one corner of a zone
    Andarriel and Duder like this.
  6. Windance Augur

I like the 'keeping the lights on' part. +1 for that.

The consolidation of the buffs into single spells/AAs.

Removing RK1-2-3 from buffs. I would like to argue that the spells all just be rank II and be done with it. The difference between the ranks usually is fairly small anyway. With a single rank you have less copy/pasting of the spell effects. Don't have to deal with RK1/2/3 stacking issues and/or blocking.

The TBL rewards for completing the group missions giving a cool flying carpet and a very nice all in one self buff. Again single buff so we don't have to cast has, ds, ac, etc. etc.

Quick log out in Guild Hall.

Overseer - Yes I like it. Wish they had a plan for what to do with our extra elite agents ... (hint AA)

Thanks for starting this thread. Nice to give some positive feedback.
  7. Elenderil Lorekeeper

What did they get right....created Everquest. Maintained a reasonable narrative throughout and as said above kept the game alive. After that everything else is gravy.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Nailed it.. this sums it up perfectly.
  9. Sobmre Augur

yeah company name wise its all the same. but for the most part the developers that made alot of the good features are gone.
  10. Elskidor Augur

Keeping the lights on is certainly great but refraining from ruining the game is equally important. I'm just glad the same dudes running the show for EQ2 aren't involved here.

Everquest has always had ups and downs but as long as it sticks around I suppose I will be happy enough. Oh, I think they finally sold me on Advanced loot, so congratulations there. Auto combine certainly is nice as well, and I appreciate the TLPs, though 2 or 3 yearly ones are a wee extreme.... anyway, thanks for all you do, devs!
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

some
  12. Xerzist Augur

Iksar master race - confirmed by devs. Yep. They got that right.
  13. Celephane Augur

They stated during Beta that all the buffs are rank 3. So why do want them downgraded?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

You misspelled "Troll"
    Flatchy likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

Frogloks.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle

• Definetly the support team including account recovery. There was only minimal support in the first few years (Verant) and it was common to wait for hours until a GM or guide did contact the player ingame.
    • Corpse and PC death handling: Corpse summon in guild lobby, gear does stay on PC
    • Chat parts not going lost anymore while a PC is zoning including all channels and tells
    • Parcel service NPCs
    • Mounts (Shadows of Luclin)
    • Bazaar (Shadows of Luclin)
    • Map and zone guide system (Legacy of Ykesha)
    • Item find function for inventory and bank. Would love to see this being expanded account-wide !
  17. Lisard Silly

What they got Right in the past 3 years that comes to mind off the rip.

-Spell / Ability / AA consolidation - continue this trend hopefully.

-removal of flagging for Raid progression - its nice to be able to tackle the content without managing flags (or making sure 54 of the same people are always online)

-Difficulty - I enjoy the Harder content, but I also like the fact with how "easy" ToV was that it allowed a lot of the player base thats not "hard core" feel relevant and able to contribute to their friends / guilds. ToV spawned quite a few successful Raid Alliances and Teams across all the servers for players who otherwise have not been able to raid in many years due to the more casual playstyle.

-UI Fixes / Chat Filter Fixes / additions and more recently the Raid window / DZ fix for having over 54 players in the window. excellent.

-Nostalgia - even though the content is frowned upon by some as a "rehash" i quite enjoy it, in reference to EoK/RoS/TBL/ToV (and even further back like CoTF / RoF / TDS).

New Content - The broken Mirror was an interesting expansion, throwing new themes into the mix is always nice, The burning lands was another nice bridge between 'rehash' and 'new'

-Evolving Items - I truly enjoy the Evolver Items, I like things that have staying power. constantly upgrading your items over and over is exhausting i always enjoyed the items that once i aquired them they lasted 2-3 expansions in use outside of just becoming another Clicky or bank storage item. with evolvers the potential is in the Type 18/19 augments and I like that because all that grinding and time i put into evolving them they can stay equipped and i can upgrade the augments with each expansion, hopefully the Developers see that potential as well.

-Double / Triple / Quadruple Loot/currency over the year of the expansion, it makes catching people up who have returned easier as well as allowing you to gear alternate characters a bit faster

-The interaction: I have quite enjoyed the Devs/employees past and present who have taken the time to talk with us via forums / twitch / Discord and various other outlets. its always nice to see their perspective and the mountains they have to climb all the while we are throwing apples at them =P

-Achievement window (conquests): this was a fun addition to the game. allows you to challenge yourself and your friends/guilds to do the Conquest achievements sometimes the success vs fail can be frustrating but at the same time it creates funny times and memories when things dont go to plan.
  18. Iven Antonius Bayle

I just want to add another few things that was made right:
    • The possibility to play this game for free
    • The steady developed Advanced Loot System (I get pimples when I memorialise how it was earlier in the "good old days" !)
    • Additional detailed spell descriptions
    • Character customization (this does include controversial armor dyes which I do like since their release)
    • Nostaliga like the heritage crates
    • Returning (physical) merchandise items