keyring - Your path to the King of Thieves is clear.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mukkul, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Mukkul Augur

Some of my characters have this item in their key ring, some don't:

Your path to the King of Thieves is clear.

I'm wondering where this key comes from and how do you get it? I can't find a single mention of that phrase anywhere on the internet.
  2. Monkman Augur

Isn’t that the achievement you get from clicking on the bristlebane painting like 30 times?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, that clicking is supposed to be a faster way to get this:

Achievement Bristlebane Day https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8162

Instead of zoning all around trying to get the update.

I think this is something they granted players when they revamped POM to version 2
  4. Rondor Augur

You indeed do get that keyring entry when you "stare into the madness" right-click the Bristlebane painting lots of times. When doing that eventually ports you to Shard's Landing, that's when you get the keyring entry.

Note that if you didn't get the achievement "Bristlebane Day - The Gift of Laughter" the "normal" way by getting a laughing-buff aura after zoning back and forth tons of times, doing the above "tons of staring into the madness" seems to give you the achievement (even on days other than April 1).

However, if you get the achievement that way you won't get your "the Lunatic" suffix title, despite the reward mentioned in the achievement reward window.

In order to get the flag for "the Lunatic" suffix you really have to get the laughing-aura-from-zoning-lots on April 1.

The fact that you don't get the suffix title, when you get the achievement only due to clicking-the-painting-until-ported, may be a bug that's worth reporting in the bug forums.

Some theories I have heard when discussing with people about this keyring entry, include possibly zoning to a non-completed zone intended to be made during the ROF expansion, with the portal in Shard's Landing that doesn't go anywhere with a gingerbread-man golem. The fact that clicking the painting tons of times ports you to Shard's Landing, is a good indicator to that. The non-working portal still doesn't work for me even with the "Your path to the King of Thieves is clear." keyring entry.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did the mirror/painting short cut on one character and he does have the key ring entry about the Path. has the /ach and does not have the suffix "The Insane" -

At the time I petitioned this and was told to bug report as there was nothing they could do. I then did a bug report but never got any response. That was 3 years ago.

Thanks for reminding me how that worked since I could not find the key ring entry on any of my other characters since they had all done it the long way after my other guy got bugged so assumed it was not part of "The Gift" but you are right.
    Rondor likes this.
  6. Rondor Augur

A quick follow-up to this thread from earlier this year (mini-necropost to add extra info, hopefully permitted in this case):

Clarification:

If your character has "The Gift of Laughter" achievement but is missing the flag to access the suffix "the Lunatic", which can happen due to having gotten the achievement via clicking the painting a lot, but not having gotten the laughing-aura on April 1:

Then:

You can still get the flag to be able to use "the Lunatic" suffix on a subsequent April 1 by zoning back and forth lots between any zones until you get the laughing aura.
    CrazyLarth likes this.