Parcel Window Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

Would a "Return to Sender" (RTS) button be possible in the Parcel window? With a Pop Up Warning?

("ARE YOU 100% SURE YOU WANT TO SEND THIS BACK TO <Player Name>:? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE OR REVERSED!").

Doing a lot of parcel transaction between alts / boxes and even other players, something things get sent by accident or sent to the wrong character.

As a receiving character, this would make it easier to send those items back, rather than having to grab them from parcels and then send them back at the risk of a typo sending them to the wrong player (let's face it, there are some wacky randomly spelled names EQ).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OR<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Maybe, instead, a FOREWARD Button that will let you "forward" a highlighted item to another character, and require you to type in the character's name that you want to forward it to.

Of course, the typo issue remains. But either method removes the steps of taking the item(s) out of parcels and then finding it in your bags to then send on somewhere else.
    Grove likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If there were a "return to sender" I would much rather see something that the sender can do on his end. For those times when we accidentally type in the wrong name for those 2 Krono we sent to our other account. They wind up going to someone who has not played in years or someone who they were not meant for. Most of us realize this within minutes and could click a "return to sender" button within say 15 minutes.

But once the timer runs out or the other person claims it out of parcel then it cannot be "returned"

I don't think any mistakenly name typed "receiving" character is going to willingly return my 2 Krono even if it does state it cannot be undone or reversed. ;)
    Grove and Froglok like this.
  3. Froglok Augur

That could be a 3rd option that DP could actually tie in to the Marketplace.

Just as Packages can be tracked in the real world, add a 4th tab to the Parcel Vendor ("Delivery" tab). Anything you send will go into that window and show a 15-minute "out for delivery" timer.

If you want to cancel the delivery and get the item back, you can buy "Parcel Recall Tokens" from the Marketplace (go on Alt Currency tab) and use them to cancel the delivery and the item will be returned to you (in the Parcel tab).

Otherwise, when the delivery timer runs out, the item is delivered and you can't get it back unless the other player / character sends it back.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I would like this. I recently sent a bucket load of blue diamonds to a character whos name was 1 character different from the one I meant to send them to.
    Couple hundred k plat.
    Not really a huge deal, but I can see how it could have been way way worse.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'd rather they auto-return to sender if they aren't claimed within 30 days or something.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Szilent like this.
  6. Grove Augur

For several reasons, I would not want this.

I use the parcel system for extra storage.
    I let items rest there until I have need.
    Some Items in parcel were sent by someone now deceased in real life. In remembrance, I do not loot them.
    Laurana, Zaray and Allayna like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks, I mail stuff to my TS mule and only sort her out when I need something.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The parcel window is not extra storage.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Whether intended or not by the devs, that is how it has been used by a great many players. If not intended, the ability to mail items to ones self should be removed. In truth, does using it for a form of storage actually hurt anything?
    Duder, cadres and Aanuvane like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

Says you. It allows 50 slots without loss and warns of loss if over 50 and logging out.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

well when there's a crash that effects the parcel's and everyones parcels are lost .. don't come crying to the dev's to replace those items that you had stored in there for storage purposes .. ;)
  12. Aanuvane Augur

I'd rather not have an auto-return feature, but a log and a recall feature valid until withdrawn by the recipient would be grand. The forward/return to sender option not a bad idea either.
  13. Froglok Augur

This only applies when a character logs in. Until that character logs in, you can load up their parcels to the tune of what... 200? (You get a notice when you parcel to them and they have reached the limit.)

Once that toons logs in, then the 50 rules kicks in and you need to get all that stuff out of parcels before you camp.

Of course, if the server crashes or your client crashes as you do that, I suppose you can loose all but 50 items.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I know how it works.

What you use it for =/= what it is meant for.

The same applies to shared banks. They're not intended for long term storage.

Besides, having too many items in your bank makes you zone slower so it's better to offload them to an alt anyway.
  15. Allayna Augur

You make it easy when you speak in absolutes.

If the shared bank wasn’t intended for storage as well, why add 2 additional slots with a recent expansion?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I could add anything to the Parcel system it would be a Cash on Delivery option.

You can't take the item sent as C.O.D. unless you have the funds on you & if you try it sends the item back.
    Celephane, Hayzeus and Grove like this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because it was likely easier/faster to do than add a different feature, and they know people would buy it.

If they really wanted to add storage, why didn't they add more actual bank slots?
  18. Hayzeus Augur

Because the Devs have a decades long history of making stupid design choices that /boggle the mind?
  19. Hayzeus Augur

Plat on Demand feature would be pretty darned cool. Plus, if it was built into the Parcel system, maybe that would be a way around the 2mpp sell limit in the Bazaar. If I recall, you can(?true?) send more than 2mpp through the parcel system. This introduces MUCH micromanagement for the seller(s). It also gives the seller a viable route to charge more than 2mpp while utilizing the parcel system to avoid running all over just to orchestrate a face-to-face transfer.

Heck, maybe the Devs could Develop the parcel window to allow Kronos on Demand as a form of return payment.

As a gambler, my money is on the Devs doing NOTHING at all with any of this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The plat limit is just over 2mil for parcels too.