Windowed Mode not allowing Max Resolution

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Likwit, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Likwit New Member

In Full Screen, I can run 2560x1440, but when I switch to Windowed Mode, 2560x1440 is no longer available. It also is disabling my gamma settings, doesn't allow me to select a refresh rate, or Bit Depth and none of the advanced settings actually stick.

This is just as of today, before i could run 2560x1440 in Windowed mode no problem.

I've restarted the game, computer multiple times, i've tried deleting the eqclient.ini file, and when i go into Game Configuration from the launcher, the highest resolution it shows there is 1600x1200.

I'm running a 2070 Super video Card.

Any suggestions?
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

The game configuration is not reading what resolution is available for your system, those are preset resolutions.

Any actual resolutions changes have to be made in-game in Alt O, Display tab, Video Mode. AND.. there are two set of windowed resolutions, windowed and full windowed mode.

Also, when in windowed mode, after clicking on video mode in the Display tab, refresh rate, etc is not available since it is running off the the system configuration.

Also, when clicking on Video Mode, the 1st available resolution is highlighted but that does not mean the game is running at that resolution. This only occurs when you are running in FULL WINDOWED MODE and you do that by clicking on the square box in the upper right corner on the title bar, changing it to overlapping boxes (ie full windowed mode). If the game is just in normal windowed mode (only one square box) then whatever resolution you have the game in will be listed in the video mode box.

I mean, keep video mode up and change it from windowed to full windowed mode, you will see the resolution change from the lowest (ie non-selected resolution) to the resolution you had selected.

The player in this thread also believed he was having resolution issues but he wasnt, it was simply how he was interpreting what he was seeing.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-screen-resolution.269302/page-2#post-3952445
  3. phattoni Augur

i believe this is normal, the gamma issue can be solved by checking the box in the options for windowed gamma.

the resolution and refresh rate default to desktop settings when maximized, however when windowed it will goto resolution you specify, as for it only having the resolutions you listed, im not sure, them are the default ones in the optionseditor.exe.

it will not go higher than them resolutions because they are not coded into the program.

windowed maximized will default to dektop resolution and refresh rate though, just enable that gamma windowed option and you should be good.

if you absolutely must specify a resolution for some reason, you can always edit eqclient.ini and specify the resolution there as well.