dissapointed with FV

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by RaptorGesus, Sep 26, 2020.

1. RaptorGesus Journeyman

Maybe alot has changed since I last played, but after hearing so many people suggest FV fto the returning player I kind of expected..... I dunno more. I asked around for a social/leveling/family guild, or hell any guild for that matter. I asked around for buffs, and offered to donate even though my funds a limited because I am new to the server, not a single response. To be honest, noone responds or answers anything in general.... is this normal? I was on bristlebane and could always find buffs or general conversation.. but FV just feels..... stale. Keep in mind I am just getting started so limited experience, and odds are its just me. Any other returning players feel this way on their server?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Did you look on the guild recruitment thing in the lobby? Are you in general chat? There should be a big casual guild that would have some friendly/helpful people in it that sounds like a good place to be. I'm not familiar with FV guilds. Getting started in a new community is tough.

No matter what server you're on, they feel empty if you're alone and great if you have a good guild and friends to play with.
  3. Arborer Lorekeeper

I play a druid, enchanter, cleric and magician on FV and I give out buffs all the time and I don't accept donations. Lots of players do this, I believe. You have to remember most higher levels have alts on FV so not every toon you send a tell now is going to be at the keyboard to respond. This doesn't mean they're dissing you or ignoring you.

I don't know if you ask in general chat, or shout? Personally I hate shout altho I do get it that noobs on FV have a language barrier. (First thing you should do, btw, is summon your merc and talk Elvish in group to max out that skill. That's the server common tongue. If Elvish is not in your skills list, go to your trainer or beg someone to teach you one point of Elvish to get you started.)

Better to send a direct tell to a player with the class you'd like to get buffs from. My mage is constantly asked for damage shields, enchanter for clarity, druid for sow, and cleric for HP buffs. I don't mind at all but it's also nice if you know what buffs you want. Buffs have minimum levels so if I don't know your level, I have to con you and then figure out what's the highest buff that will land. That's actually easy for real low levels but as you level up it gets trickier and it's your responsibility to know which buff can land on you. Or at least it ensures you can get the highest buff that will stick.

I moved to FV a few years ago and I never regretted the move. It's an active server with lots of friendly people, but like every server it has a few jerks (gasp!) and a whole lot of boxed groups and alts so don't say /rude to that druid who won't answer cuz odds are he's an alt hanging out in PoK waiting for his owner to come back and port his boxed group somewhere.

When I'm in PoK I hang out in Franklin Teek's area along the south wall. Guild is Mirus. Feel free to ask me for buffs but understand I can be afk and sometimes I forget to put up the flag!

Check the guild recruiting window with /LFGuild. That's a really partial list tho since for some reason DBG doesn't allow guild recruitment posts to stay there forever, they drop out after awhile. There's a useful guild recruitment thread here or just ask around in PoK general chat for guilds recruiting returning players. There are a number of family type guilds on FV which would probably accept you altho I won't name names here since I can't speak for them. Being in a guild is a big help even at level one. Like the previous poster said, playing the game all alone is no fun. My guild is an alt guild for my toons so you don't want to join Mirus, incidentally!
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I came from bristle/tribunal when they were giving free transfers to fv dont regret the move at all. If your low level its tough getting groups i would imagine and yea general chat can be quite but people usually shout or do general for guild invites just depends on the times you might be on a time when alot arent up yet. im on pst myself but im a night owl. what level is your characters?

Andarriel
  5. Sakuraba Augur

Just decided to get back into the game wit my old 50 druid on a whim last night, asked about old seb needing a key or not, and ended up in a guild. If it hadn't been late, I would have had a group too lol - sadly I am at work right now, so I needed the sleep last night.

Honestly, FV is probably the most active, friendly server you will find on EQ1 at the moment. Kinda like Maj'dul on EQ2