Warrior Epic 1.0 - help devs?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by demigod, Sep 24, 2020.

1. demigod Journeyman

So I did the trick with the sword of runes and got non-augment versions of Blade of Strategy and Blade of Tactics. Turned in my non-augment Jagged Blade of War along with the Scabbard. Instead of getting back augmentable BoS and BoT along with the JBoW, I only got back an augmentable JBoW. It didn't even spit back the scabbard so now I cannot get an augmentable BoS nor BoT. I was unaware that the devs changed this back in 2019. If anything the game should've just gave me back the scabbard along with the non-augment JBoW.

If this was a bannable exploit I wouldn't have done it. Everyone was running around with dual reds on previous server and nobody was banned for it. I tried to petition and GM along with Senior GM are not able to help me due to some hands off policy on Rizlona. Anyone higher up or any devs able to help me out? I just want my augment version of the BoS and BoT back.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Did you read this guide & the comments below?
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2645

Can you clarify step by step what you did, what happened versus what you expected to happen or what trying to accomplish? Also, do you have at least one version of each of the following?

-BoS
    -BoT
    -JBoW

Yes, they made a change last year, I'm trying to figure out if you're just running into the change they made last year to stop people from doing "dual reds" or an actual/new bug. I don't remember the specifics but something related to lore groups might have caused the scabbard not to be returned, if it's that then this might not technically be a bug. (Sorry, warrior isn't my main, hopefully someone else can jump in.)
  3. Herf Augur

We can't make dual reds any more?
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

I thought that was the case, maybe I’m thinking of something else? (Again, warrior isn’t my main so could be wrong)
  5. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Unfortunately for some they did this long long ago and then they changed it. I'll probably redo the epic on both of my warriors someday. It was rather surreal to look in the bank and inventory and see stuff missing and the wrong ones even.
  6. demigod Journeyman

Can't make dual reds, I'm fine with that. My issue is that now I'm stuck with non-augmentable Blade of Strategy and Blade of Tactics. My Jagged Blade of War is augmentable. I had the non-aug 1handers, turned in the scabbard and non-aug JBoW. Instead of giving me both(scabbard and JBoW) items back and causing a quest fail, it only gave me back an augmentable JBoW because it saw the two 1handers which are now on the same Lore ID.

Anyone higher up Senior GM, dreamweaver or a dev(Prathun) able to help me out and let me swap out the non-augment ones for the augmentable ones? Ugh would hate to have to redo the quest. Green scales are the bottleneck.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Uh, I have some rough news for you.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  8. demigod Journeyman

Oh noes, is he gone? HALP Ngreth?
  9. Protagonist Tank

This was nerfed ages ago. You played yourself.
    Duder likes this.
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm still confused why you wouldn't just do the whole thing normally, or were you literally trying to dupe the blades?
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  11. GNOME_POWER Augur

By the way ... how far have you gone in the epic quest?
  12. Gremin Augur

13. Nniki Augur

The italicized text at the bottom of the quest description there is incorrect. The quest rewards all three of the augmentable weapons in exchange for the Red Scabbard and Jagged Blade of War. The scabbard is not supposed to be returned, as it is no longer necessary while possessing all three weapons simultaneously; the quest NPC even states, "The scabbard no longer works with them."

Because the OP was trying to manipulate the quest in order to obtain a second set of one-handers and already had the non-augmentable versions in inventory, the augmentable versions were bounced due to sharing a lore group to prevent the very situation he was trying to achieve.
  14. KermittheFroglok Augur

That’s ringing a bell on how it’s supposed to work, the combine no longer working (hence no scabbard either way) is what I forgot. Not getting the scabbard back and getting one of each of the weapons makes sense as otherwise people would be destroying their augs in the conversion.

Yeah, so if the OP was literally trying to dupe the lore blades they broke it themselves by having the blades and will probably have to redo content to fix this. As you pointed out having the scabbard isn’t normally necessary after the trade in.

Thanks for clarifying!
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

But they should only have to redo the first part through the scabbard, right? (So it’s not terrible, but will take a little time if they’re on TLP)
  16. Nuttmeg Augur

Don't try to cheat. Problem fixed.
  17. Gremin Augur

If the player was unaware they had removed the ability to have both thats not cheating.
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, it was a patched and the duping was publicly identified as a bug/exploit, so yes if they were trying to exploit a past lore group tagging oversight to essentially dupe lore items, it would be cheating (had it worked). Even if it were still possible, it’d be cheating if it worked as it’s been identified as a bug.

The terms of service make it clear that exploiting bugs/glitches is cheating. The patch changes/etc made it public knowledge that the exploit (which again was cheating) isn’t possible anymore.

Guides like ZAM’s were updated for the patch, and people like me that don’t even main warrior knew about it, so “feign ignorance” isn’t much of an excuse either on this one.

If the OP was trying the dupe glitch for the uncombined swords (1 augable set, 1 unaugable set), then the lesson to learn is not to try exploiting bugs because the Devs will patch them. It sucks, it was a common exploit, but it was yesterday’s jam and if they researched it more they wouldn’t have to redo part of the Epic.

I could see someone arguing that the lore group should be expanded to stop you from getting that far, but I think that should be a low priority because few would actually do the Epic 1.0 twice on the same server. Generally you would only do what the OP (sounds like) tried if you heard of and wanted to use the [now patched] exploit. Still giving the OP some benefit of the doubt, but again if they did it normally/as designed this wouldn’t have happened.
  19. Gremin Augur

I see your point but when the dev team knows of the issue and fails to act on with no consequences towards the users who have done this that to me means its fine. As I have stood in front of them before with both reds and had nothing said to me or done to me. To have fixed this recently tells me that they are looking for busy work instead of fixing more important things in the game as it stands.
  20. KermittheFroglok Augur

It’s an exploit related to Epics, that should be high priority given rough half our pop is TLP now. To add they not only identified it, they patched it and fixed it. Per Zam, some even say they went retroactive and even took dupes out of people’s inventory.

They didn’t outright suspend/ban people for the point you brought up, it went unnoticed on their end long enough they weren’t going to ban a large share of the serious warrior class players. The action was the patch and pulling the dupes out of inventory.