Did you guys break the Rygor healer merc's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

so I'm lvl 113 and i have 2 mercs I usually use my scorpion healer but today I thought id pull out my Rygor healer.. my tank can tank 3 to 4 mobs np and my merc usually doesnt drop me below 50% unless i get spikey dmg .. well I pull out my Rygor healer merc and I kid you not i almost died multiple times he keeps casting promised and HoT's and Word of sincerity or something . no complete heals ..

So thinking i'll fix him I blocked those buffs assuming he would start casting the larger heals .. well he does but seems like they are broken or something cause they still were not healing me .. but he was casting the correct spells .. is there something wrong with his heal spells or something bug'd ..

I like the graphics of him but will not pull him out anymore until something is fixed.. my scorpion healer has no issues ..
    Thunderkiks and Knifen like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Is Rygor apprentice, and/or lower than rank 5?
  3. Zamiam Augur

No they are T5 Journeyman ..

I even tried suspending it for about an hour while i used my scorpion healer again then repoped Rygor out for another test and same thing he could barely keep my health above 35% ..

and I have a 110 war with Tov snowbound gear 280k hps 7600ac full defensive's done..like i said i usually have no problems tanking 3 to 4 sarnaks in FM .. I usually duel weild or 2h with my scorpion healer but with rygor had to dust off my shield ..
  4. Leasa Bloodrose New Member

In my group we figured out that some merc healers are significantly worse than others. The Ry'gorr was one such; couldn't keep us alive for anything. We still have no idea why but we tried a few things and then decided we'd recovered enough corpses. The guy with the Rygorr swapped over to a bloodbone skelly and we moved on with our lives.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Merc skins work differently even pathing, my siren follows and keeps up, the frog gets lost and lags a long way behind when running through a zone.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  6. Ninelder Augur

If you want some laughs watch what a Bixie Tank merc does, hands down worst merc due to its inability to handle any type of terrain. I would like to tell you how well it tanks, but it generally takes at least 5 mins for it to path near enough to the mob to try tanking it(and yes I don't let any merc keep lev.)
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

I reported this the very first day ToV went live. Never got a response, waited and tried it again when I dinged 115 same result. That restless orc healer is crap cant keep a 115 alive in TBM. I even tried again yesterday just make sure I wasn't doing something wrong and its still the same. That merc is doo doo, switched back to my lil robot healer and can tank again as a rogue. And yes both mercs are J5
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, learned that years ago. Amazing that they can't program the merc to come down to ground level. It'll just float up there forever and watch you die ;)

And I wish they would implement blocked spells for mercs. So we could stop lev spells from landing on them in the first place.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Please see my signature.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

I thought I was imagining things but swapped out the Rygor orc for the Jann healer and had much better results. Definitely something wrong with the restless orc healers. No clue on the other ones since I don't have experience with them.
    Leasa Bloodrose and Yinla like this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

you know people paid good money to have this merc skin and they DONT work .. pls fix .. the Restless orc merc Cant heal , Cant tank .. just stands there and does nothing when you want it to tank .. and they cant heal worth beans vs other mercs .. wtf DPG .. or i wont be buying your next expansion collectors or premium editions .. this is ridiculous ..
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Many problems with mercs are geometry-related in my opinion, that some models have problems others don't seems to support that idea, Tank, Rogue or Healer can just stop working for no apparent reason, my workaround is to drag the mob you are fighting far enough away from where you were having issues so that the mercs are forced to move to keep up & see if that gets them out of whatever geometry that is causing them to be in a bad-state & that fixes it more often than not.
    Also beware of puller group-role setting, that can get you killed a lot when using merc tanks/healers together, if you are using it have a toggle for it by way of 2 macro keys maybe.

i.e.

/grouproles set Name RoleID --Sets the group member's role
    /grouproles unset Name RoleID -- Unsets the group member's role

e.g.

To set myself as the puller: /grouproles set Wakk 3
    To unset myself as the puller: /grouproles unset Wakk 3

grouproles ID numbers:

1. Main Tank
    2. Main Assist
    3. Puller
    4. Mark NPC
    5. Master Looter
    As far as the heals they cast, their logic did have some problems regarding the spells that they cast but that was changed in the past few months, the coders/devs probably could write them better AI but they deliberately make them worse than a player to encourage grouping - hence no healer "oh s**t" abilities or emergency type aa stuff is available to them. So long as you block promised spells which is known to cause them to wait until it fires before casting another heal on you they should be "okay".
    Zamiam likes this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

is there any other spells i should be blocking besides the promise line ? and if I block the promise line won't they just cast the lower version of it ? and what about HoT ? do i block them also or leave them be. thx Skuz
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From my own experience they only memorise the spells for their level, so you should only need to block the current era promised spell, they won't use the lower versions.

Personally I only block the promised line of spells as that was the only one which caused them to stop healing while they waited for it to trigger, on earlier mercs it was also pretty much necessary to block complete heal too but they don't use that at higher levels. Some players do Opt to block the cleric HoT & group HoT spells mostly if they use a shaman box for example this concentrates the cleric merc to use just straightline direct healing which is about the only thing they do well.

Unfortunately you cannot block spells on Mercs, so they still die waiting on promised to trigger (especially true with Tank mercs).
    Many players have asked for block spell functionality for the Mercs for that reason alone, it's also the reason why I mainly use two mercs healers with different setttings on each (one on reactive one on balanced) when using a merc tank.

A better solution would be improvements to the AI of merc healers & merc tanks to make better use of cleric & warrior abilities so that they could rescue a low hp player writing on a promised heal much better or better use defensive abilities.

Alternatively the devs could opt to enable some manual control of cleric emergency heals / saves via the healer merc as well as some manual control of Warrior defensive abilites on the Merc Tank - these however would take both a lot of extra programmer time and a change in philosophy about mercs from the devs before they would ever happen.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Nadisia Augur

So true ...
    And as Tatanka, any many others, said : levitation is a mercenary curse.

Honestly, it's a little bit ... embarrassing (to not say shameful and humiliating) :rolleyes:

I've seen scripted bots (pretty basic perl scripts running server side) on private emul servers that were working 100 times better than the mercs ...

Oh, and the fact that you can't block spells on mercs is also a big limitation.
    Healer mercs tend to use pretty stupid spells sometimes (complete heals :p) but if you're also using a rogue/tank/caster merc in your group, then you can't block these annoying spell lines on these mercs ... so ... :confused: o_O
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Most especially merc models with non humanoid forms, seem to have issues of varying types, like Shissar models can't path properly up steep hills due to clipping through floor, so they zig zag. I've had all sorts of spellcasting issues with Alaran Sprirt Soothers as well.

There should be a review of standardization of mercs over all.
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

Ry healers are absolutely broken. Don't use them. Nice gift from the devs, here spend some extra cash on the collectors edition and get a broken merc healer for your trouble..
  18. Knifen Augur

These mercs where never broken, they simply didn't work from the start. Its basically an illusion item for a basic t1 merc. No I understand they are not that in reality, but they perform just as if you used a crummy old basic merc with a cool graphic.
  19. Zamiam Augur

thanks skuz and everyone for response .. I really like the skin of the rygor mercs but looks like gonna have to stop using them .. :( guess i'll just have to add a real healer to my box setup
    Skuz likes this.
  20. RyeToast New Member

I think it says a lot about theybreakgames when they sell broken content in a collectors edition and the don't fix it ever. No way would any rational person who bought the last collectors edition do so again.