Can we change out of era tradeskill drops please?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

In era I'm fine with tradeskill items being rare. The armor is actually usable and there are tons more people farming the items so they appear on the bazaar. Fast forward X amount of expansions. No one is farming these items and no more on the bazaar. The gear is no longer usable and if you stare at the mob it dies. Backfarming trade items you need to gain X amount of recipes is tedious and far from fun. A lot of items you need multiples and it takes days/weeks to get them. Its not fun. Its tedious. It causes people to get burned out.

I know changing the drop rate % can't be done cuz it'd effect other servers. So please, as many players have asked, put older expansions in overseer. Rework it some so you can choose tailoring/smithing etc. Lighten the load some so some players don't get burned out trying to raise their tradeskills.

Also to note you can keep items needed for quests like Artisan's prize as rare. I understand that is an epic quest with an epic reward so it shouldn't exactly be easy.
  2. Captain Video Augur

This post will carry more weight if it is made in the Veteran's forum. The vast majority of TLP players don't have access to the Overseer yet, and many won't even know what the Artisan's Prize is. Otherwise, +1 for the intent.
  3. Pikollo Augur

Ya you're right. I thought about that too but also figured they are past the era of trying to get to 350 tradeskills.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

Still a ton of people farming to get 350 tradeskills still
  5. Moege Augur

Lets put this into a scenario

You need to farm multiple items to get to 350
    Overseer has 5 quest slots, some of those quest is 6 hours and some 24 hours.
    Mobs do not drop tradeskill items at all anymore

Are you nuts !? I can go farm grey con mobs that fall over by looking at them much faster than waiting 6 hours for 1-2 items.

Your proposal is to increase the tedium...
  6. theonepercent Augur

And where are you getting that from?
  7. Pikollo Augur

You obviously have not gone out and tried to farm every mat you need for every combine in an expansion. I admit some items are easy to get. A lot have a dumb drop rate though.

Here's an example. You need 20+ Gelidran ice to do all the combines for that mat. I've cleared RSS many times. I've AE'd RSS. I've left mages in RSS. I played RSS in era (On selo). I've seen 2 Gelidran ice.

Plane of Earth liquified earth took a week of farming as only the mud golems drop them and there aren't many. Thats with doing the raids and spawning more.

Lightning cores - never seen one. One in bazaar at 200k lol

My latest adventure is trying to get tanned feran hides (drop from dragorn in nobles) and feran bloods. Yesterday I worked 12 hours so I had a mage sitting at a 4 spawn.(I work from home, no its not an auto mage). I got 3 hides. There aren't many more dragorns in the zone to kill so I doubt running through the entire zone would have gave me more then 1-2 more.

So if adding to tedium is setting an overseer overnight then your definition of tedium is wrong. Tedium is killing these grey cons over and over for hours and hours and not getting the stuff you need to play the game again.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Not to mention adding older expacs to overseer would cost nothing but some time invested.
  9. Duality Augur

I'll check my dump toons parcel for oow drops later today. Though, I'm not sure what I have left as most of the stuff never sold in baz and I ended up vendoring.
  10. Moege Augur

Wrong. I have done it for 3 characters so far.
    If you want I will log in the toons and post screenshots. Here is what is my current stock and this is after I used it for the last toon, have not gone back to restock.

General 6-Slot19 Gelidran Ice 72033 55 6
    Bank18-Slot17 Lightning Core 72029 13 6
    General 3-Slot4 Damaged Feran Hide 72028 8 6
    General 3-Slot5 Pristine Feran Hide 72031 28 6
    General 3-Slot6 Feran Hide 72060 18 6
    General 6-Slot22 Ruined Feran Hide 72027 15 6
    General 6-Slot23 Tanned Ruined Feran Hide 72188 29 6
    General 6-Slot24 Tanned Feran Hide 72190 6 6
    Overseer is now your only source of materials as you don't want to go do the tedium to do farming.

Take the amount of Gelidran Ice that you need. 20+ you say.
    Lets say devs take pity and have it appear in the 6 hour quests at 3 per quest.

This will then take 20/3 = 7 quests for the 20 ice so that is two 6 hour periods for just ice.
    To actually use the Ice you need blood and hides also.
    another 24 hours later (total 36 hours so far *I am aware math is overestimating time) and you can go hit combine.
    Do not do overseer quest once it is up again or delay and it takes longer

The game would be forgotten by the time you get 1 tradeskill to 350.

Blatantly false, it is still being farmed just not going to bazaar anymore

From the OP. That reads OP wants the drops in overseer and not on the mobs and his stance that farming is tedious.
    PS. read the subject of the post.
    OP wants to change mob drop....

What really boggles my mind is this.
    On the one hand its fine to keep AP items as rare on the other hand it should not be rare.
    Here is a newsflash all the items needed for the seals is also needed for the recipe count.
    You cannot have it both ways. It is difficult, frustrating and just obnoxious the amount of materials you need, it is also an augment that you will never replace.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I read the OP three times, I see no reference to removing the drops from mobs. Just changing it so that they are on Overseer too.
    theonepercent likes this.
  12. Pikollo Augur

Moege I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt because you read my post wrong. You apparently read REPLACE somewhere in my post. That was not what I meant or what I would even wish for them to do. What I said (and I'll add more words so you can understand), is I understand that they cannot dynamically change the drop rate of an item without it effecting every server and every expansion. What I was suggesting was they add these items to overseer in conjunction of the being drops. This means you can go farm mats. But you can also set overseers and get them with more reliability then the RNG of a rare drop. This is the same format overseer currently has but up to a certain expansion. The idea is to make it go back further (Perhaps to Velious) to add more options for tradeskill drops.

If you've gotten lucky on drops then more power to you. I can guarantee your comparison of time frames is dead wrong though. You say 12 hours for 2 ice. I've farmed RSS for far longer and have gotten 1. If you know a super secret way of getting things like this then do tell. But if you reference another thread I start for fun ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...extremely-low-drop-rates.270175/#post-3964096 ) you will see the drop rate is not the case you state. Again if you got lucky then more power to you but most of us are not and the time spent trying to get these items is not fun and more tedious then starting an overseer and forgetting it.

When I said no one is farming these items. What I mean the only people farming them are the people needing them. In-era the whole server are in these zones therefor "everyone" is farming them. At that point they are in bazaar. If you are unlucky you can at least buy some. Out of ere no one is around except the people spending hours on end trying to get them. Again not a fun part of the game and not really playing the game.

As for the quest items. I'm not a greedy person. There is obviously a fine line between a normal tradeskill mat and a tradeskill mat needed for an epic quest. You act like I'm asking so much but then this boggles your mind. The point being I understand why these items would not show up on overseer and remain a rare drop since they are part of a quest line.

In conclusion I'm suggesting to DBG that tradeskill mats be added to overseer so people do not have to spend hours on end trying to get them because that aspect of EQ is not fun. It's tedious, it makes the game a second job. It removes the fun of doing things in the game. But I do not want the items to stop dropping in-game. Thats just dumb.

If you're gonna try to rip someones post apart at least read it correctly.
  13. Auedar4lyfe New Member

There is a huge difference between farming stuff and NOT knowing when you are going to get the drops you need, versus knowing that if you put in enough time you will eventually get the item. Some people like to have a project that could take several hours, versus a random ambiguous one that could take anywhere from 20 minutes to 20 hours.

Some people like farming grey content, which is fine, and he doesn't want to ruin that for you. But it's a solid argument that that's not EVERYONES cup of tea to do so, and having alternative ways isn't a bad thing. Effectively farming stuff requires several things, from knowing what camps to camp, to having the sheer amount of time to camp it.

"If I can do it than so can YOU" is basically your argument. How much time did you spend harvesting these resources? How much research did you have to do to find the best camps? How many accounts did you have active to farm multiple things at once? Sometimes making things more manageable/faster on a TLP isn't a bad thing. Hence why we have Agents of Change, picks, higher player power, faster mana regen, etc.

I don't mean to be mean, and it's awesome that you were able to complete this content. But just because you walked to get to a destination, doesn't mean it's a bad idea when someone asks if they can use a bike, or a car, to get there instead.