You are loosin business.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 24, 2020.

1. zarcal Elder

Some people on here are funny. Every company I have recurring payments from AT THE VERY LEAST send me an email that payment is coming due. Cards expire, maybe you want to change it.

(The only other company that does not is Amazon Prime which baffles me as well)

But it will get fixed eventually, because the bean counters will see how many tickets to reinstate payment plans, time played, etc etc. and someone will say...if we send an email (OR an in game email DOH) we can cut down these tickets 75% or more
  2. enclee Augur

Silver accounts are limited to 4 shared bank slots it’s not just a FTP thing.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. enclee Augur

They don’t send a reminder, because they don’t want people to remember to cancel their automated payments. Small stuff like that effects the bottom line, and helps ease through down periods. In past interviews, they’ve mentioned that the drop in population during WoW didn’t immediately effect them because people were still paying for their accounts.

Companies that provide entertainment don’t send recurring payment notices example Netflix, Hulu, WoW, etc.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Similar experience here. What baffles me is that many companies seem to be able to automate this, thus not having to increase staffing to do something so very obvious and helpful to the paying customers. It does seem odd that a company that makes it's living providing a product by digital means isn't capable of this seemingly simple thing.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've never once had bags in shared bank Parceled to me and I've let my All Access expire many many times.
    Duder and Smokezz like this.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

Silver accounts have fewer shared bank spaces.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm not trying to say they don't. The original comment that brought this up was talking about bags from shared bank being parceled to a char which causes lore issues. I'm not trying to say this never happens either, but I've never once seen this happen on any of my accounts. So I'm a little curious now if it does actually happen and what's the trigger/logic for it happening.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, I don't know what you guys are talking about. They DO send email reminders. I resubbed a few months ago, and have been getting email reminders/notices for both accounts. Surprised me, because I'd never gotten them in the previous 20 years of EQ.

You guys might want to check they have your correct email address.

Or, perhaps (this is a long-shot), they only send reminders NOW, and so for folks who have been paying continuously for quite a while (since before this change went in), those people are not getting the emails.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmmm I have been a customer continuously since 2000 and I don't get any e-mails about subscription payments. I get e-mails about other things though. Strange.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  11. Nniki Augur

I believe you need to enable it from the Prime membership management page. It's disabled by default iirc.
    [IMG]
    zarcal likes this.
  12. zarcal Elder

Thank you -- It surprised me this year and i use my bank account (Not-cc) so it hit at the worst time of course
    Nniki likes this.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I stand corrected! Thank you - I wasn't aware that it was different when it wasn't a recurring. =)
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im on same boat but this year was even able to buy tov expansion from gift off a few people makes it nice not cheap but pp comes pretty easy.

Andarriel
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I pay via Krono (at least right now while I have a bunch, I pay normally otherwise). While I was able to fix my account right away last time one went silver after logging back in it would really be annoying to be booted out of game mid raid or something.

I agree, there should be some obvious message that says hey, you have 6 hours left or something, punch a krono or make sure your CC is good.

Yes, I could log into the EQ site daily on multiple accounts to check but that seems way too much like a job for what should be entertainment.

Feature request: Checkmark to auto-consume Krono.
    - I can make sure each toon has at least 1 so will never go silver unexpectedly.
    - If I see them hit zero I know I need to give them another
    Duder and Zamiam like this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Has anyone mentioned how marvelous you look today?
    :)
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I only know my trader account needs a Krono when said trader isn't on line. You're costing ME business QQ! ;)

But seriously, it's a little annoying. I don't know if you're "loosin business" but it is an annoyance just the same.
  18. Windance Augur

I hope DB gets the paid time thing figured out ASAP.

Last week we had one of our raid members get disconnected mid raid. Their account timer had expired and over the next 30 minutes she was scrambling to get her account paid up. Couldn't get the web site to take a credit card, etc, etc.

I suspect if she had the paid time easily visible in the inventory window she would have noticed and gotten things squared away before the raid.

So while its usually not a huge issue ... it is a PITA for those who account suddenly poofs.
    cadres likes this.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

[IMG]
    While I do like the idea of an in-game /command. The launcher does provide the date your sub runs out.
  20. Zamiam Augur

and if you bypass the launcher ? and before you say , why would you bypass launcher .. many people do who box or use I S B