Sebilis is a rampant botting / cheating dystopia

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Womble, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Womble New Member

I am one of those EQ nostalgia returnees who normally does not bother posting. But this is beyond a joke.

I was in Seb last night (off peak US 5-6am PDT) with a mate trying to break into crypt to camp the Heiro Cloak or hit the King. Every single instance, bar one, had AFK bot duos or multi-boxers of 5-6 camping those mobs. Rather than continue to ask players to report these issues (which I have done) why can't Daybreak GMs proactively check those camps themselves to clear out the cheaters? There are only so many known camps they monopolise and you would only need to do it a few times to get the message out. Would not be that time-consuming.

And to be clear if a group of genuine players is holding a camp I want then that is my bad luck and I need to find something else to do. I can deal with that. In fact I would rather have a shouting match / DPS race confrontation with other players than the eerie silence of the botters, at least that is human interaction. These cheaters undermine the social pillar the success of EQ is built on, it is Daybreak's interests to make a big show of clamping down on it.
    Boze and Duder like this.
  2. Womble New Member

Server was Aradune btw - though I imagine people guessed that.
  3. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I didn't guess that. I believe all the servers have the Sebilis zone. :)

That being said, I doubt they care too much about boxers. There are too many excuses that are somewhat viable for them to be banned much.
  4. Idget Lorekeeper

I have done CC 3 or so times with no response only to get down there and find this very same thing going on. At least one of the times it was just a duo boxer not even there and we managed to out dps them but the other times it was a mage crew obviously not at the keyboard but no way we could out dps them.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Did you report it?
  6. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Seems weird they deleted the last post about this same exact problem a few days ago. The post had no names or anything bad posted and it was deleted. Meanwhile, there's a post with multiple people explaining potential exploits with aggro and that post gets left alone.

I'm sure this post will get nuked even though it isn't breaking any rules.

Sebilis is infested with these bots. You think the 2 necros are obvious. Did you see the full groups of auto bots at disco and abc? Would take a GM all of 1 minute of observation to see they are using a program.

Weird how many full groups of 60s wearing half banded armor are farming abc and disco for days straight. No legit group of 6 real characters at level 60 are wearing half banded. It's so easy to tell they are bots lol.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Gremin Augur

Just wait for velious, when Sirens Grotto is available!
    Bardy McFly and Duder like this.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Same answer as always: This is stupid to the point of handicap or paranoid to the point of mental illness.

If they want to sell black market krono, they don't have to earn the krono. If they want to remove krono from the market via items, they don't have to farm the items.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

For the typical Necro and Mage duos in crap gear - I not only report them, but kill the spawns as they're very easy to out damage.

Funny when they just gate away.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

They can, given the time and resources to do so. They won't likely do it for the reason given by modsiw. Money truly is king in the venture capital world and does rule in the end. I wish it were different, but here in the real world...
  11. modsiw Augur

They probably*, legally, actually can't as they have a fiduciary responsibility to the VCs. Even if not legally prevented from taking some action they know will cause the company to lose a substantial amount of money, the execs would get replaced, and it would be undone.

*It's a private company. No one knows the details. This is the usual situation.
  12. Xhartor Augur

Keep in mind the automated box crew camping Heiro in each pick will just be sitting the heiro room. They won't be killing anything else in the crypt. They are also unlike to be recording or have shadowplay setup.

If you have a decent group you should be able to DPS race them when the heiro pops. I wouldn't really worry about being rude to them.
  13. Stix Man Elder

I had to go check things out for myself.

Why are there 2 picks of the exact same weird looking groups at ABC, Disco, and Juggs? 6 toons, all lvl 60. Only decent gear is Planar, rest is just crap drops, items they AFK farmed, or banded. These certainly do not look like normal groups.

They clear most of their camps for hours and hours and then completely stop when you start watching them. I wonder how many hours per day they go uninterrupted? Must be at least 20 hours per day per group. I wonder how many of these groups belong to 1 person? 6 full groups of lvl 60s clearing ABC, Disco, and Juggs. Seems like 1 person is making a load of platinum/krono.

Krono did make quite the jump in the last few weeks. I wonder if the recent krono prices have anything to do with 1 person AFKing 36+ lvl 60s for 20+ hours a day. This sure seems to fall in the "unfair advantage" category of the rules.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  14. Trevalon Augur

Except the whole cheating at a video game isn't illegal, but creating a currency that is used as real money from a company to sell on the side is ya know, stealing, so that pesky thing called the law might catch up with ya.

DBG employee creates 1000 krono and sells em, that sounds like $15,000 reasons for DPG to press charges...I know in Texas over 1500 dollars is a felony act, I wonder what it is in California?

I know you've said this same line before and I let it slide, but DPG employee creating krono to sell is literally the same as me walking over to my till and stealing it. But cheating at a game can be a illegal and people HAVE been prosecuted for it in the past, the likelihood of that happening is far lower than straight up stealing Krono from DPG.

That being said, your PROBABLY right, its not DPG employees, but man, they sure seem to get away with it for a very long time.
  15. Trevalon Augur

This is probably the most likely case. These farmers keep the Krono flowing. I believe Prathun or someone posted once that Accounting wise DPG cannot claim, on the books, to have made money from Krono until those krono are actually redeemed. These boxers are literally dropping hundreds of krono every month out of the system in into the accountants books.

That is most likely why they will never be punished. They are making DPG too much money.
  16. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You don't understand how business works son. They don't want to sell blackmarket krono, they want to suck it out of the in game economy so that people buy more. You aren't the brightest. They have to farm the items, if 2 necros weren't perma AFK on all these camps people would get suspicious. Where are the items coming from? Hmmmmm. They can't just POOF create items without giving the illusion that they are doing work to get all these items. Seems like everytime an AFK necro gets a hiero it has a cloak. Every time my group is there we get swords. FISHY.

Indigo Out.
  17. Duder Augur

You didn't tell us how thick the tin foil hat should be to properly block the alien mind control waves though.
    Protagonist and Captain Video like this.
  18. Protagonist Tank

I think you've very thoroughly demonstrated that there would be a mentally handicapped amount of suspicion and muttering-to-yourself-while-soiling-your-pants-at-the-busstop theorizing either way.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Sussypoo New Member

Maybe if the GM's did something about this obvious rule breaking no one would need tin foil hats and conspiracy theories. It's beyond obvious and having it remain so long calls the companies integrity into question every moment it continues.

Sure sure, companies love to make money, but why even have a ToS if you'll allow people to break it so blatantly. Aradune is the ONLY server touted as having actual DEDICATED GM's. This is EXACTLY what some of us who have played on multiple TLP's were hoping to see policed.

It's a real shame a server memorializing Brad is just another TLP infested with cheaters who are allowed to 30+ box 24/7 without any ramifications.
    Indigo_Quarmite and Duder like this.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

Just go and dps race them with a superior force.

You are under no obligation to recognize the botters camps.

They have 2 Necros AFK botting a spawn? Take a bunch of SK/Wiz/Mag/Necro and take over. Quit whining on the forums and git gud.

Don't waste time with camp checks, just go there and have at it.