24 hours to complete every task you attempt???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Archery Lorekeeper

I've been playing here since 9/01 and still love the game as much as ever.

Disaster struck on September 16 with the update!

In this update it was stated " - Shared tasks will now accurately display a max duration of 24 hours rather than listing unlimited time remaining."

In fact was was done, by design or mistake, is limited every task/quest/mission/etc to 24 hours. The concept of an Unending game "EVERQUEST" and the limitless tasks with widely varied time limits is fundamental to the game. Many things taken on consume hours and hours, 5 to 7 is anything but rare.

That being the case you have just eliminated all players with time constraints from accomplishing the completion of ANY Expac. My son and I play together most every night from 9pm to 10 for 10:30pm. With a 24 hour max on anything we do we are blown out of even being able to work our way through the Partisan Quests. Who wants to rush their way through the limited time available for play every night worrying about finish or do over!!.

Even the beginners TS tasks, which are often done selecting more that one at a time are now limited by 24 hours?? Who thought of this? Did that person consider the consequences that this alteration in the basic game would have?

Loosing the time my son and I have together with Everquest merely because someone made a 24 hour rule to anything you take on. My son and I started this when he was in his teens and EQ was the only thing we had in common. Now as the years have passed by we have experienced a role reversal in our game play. He now is the one raising a family and working to keep it all together. I'm now retried and have loads of time. Quite a switch for us. That's beside the point except that our fun time at the end of the day is now been broken.

Is it the case that some awful mistake was made and instead of some limited type or number of events held to 24 hours that it convoluted itself to include every single aspect of the game. Solo tasks can easy take half a day or several days to complete.

I respectfully ask that this September 16, 2020, 24 hour limit to everything be removed from the game. Please don't mess with the very fiber of EverQuest.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Any shared (i.e. group) tasks that said unlimted but actually were not & actually only had 24hr durations on them were changed.
    I have a EoK solo Partisan task showing in red but it didn't disappear from my screen so I think tasks that actually are unlimited duration still are.

It was a fix of a display bug, if some other tasks were not in fact unlimted and should also have displayed 24hrs maybe they changed too.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's a display bug. Unlimited tasks are still unlimited even when they show 0 time remaining.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

5. Zamiam Augur

And there is another thread on this issue

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tive-quests-shown-in-red.270275/#post-3966013

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/unlimited-no-more.270305/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/24-hours-for-tradeskill-earring.270317/

as you can see there are multiple threads on this issue .. already .. thanks for subscribing ;)
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

You just now noticed?
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Zaray Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz and Tatanka like this.